• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    One trip to Houston and you saw that many gay couples? Bullshit!

Saying you saw that many in one trip, is more than many of us saw in years of living in Houston? Again, Bullshit!

You are either a liar, or a troll.
    Randall’s had a store in Montrose. I went and worked one day for time and a half and it was more then I could stomach. I could have gone there & worked 60 hour weeks for a month.

I remember one couple that came up to the service meat counter in particular! Both covered in hickies, one had his hand down the other pants. We’re I threw up in my mouth was as they decided what they wanted one put his head on the others shoulder kissing the others ear lobes!

The very next day I was asked if I wanted to go over there for a month. I told the meat merchandiser I’d quit before I did that!
    Target Sports

LaborLawPaul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2021
    North Texas
    I once got a Remington 115 grain HTP that wasn't. Measured .357. Woops.

1626744181147.png

• Wow
    Reactions: gll

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    OK. I'm sure many of you are somewhat familiar with this aircraft:

SR-71-two-in-fog-lead.jpg

The Lockheed SR-71A Blackbird. A spy plane that cruised at Mach 3.2 at altitudes over 80,000 feet, outran every missile fired at it from hostile nations, and was designed in the early 1960s by insanely gifted engineers with slide rules. Here's what you may not know...

This...is the Blackbird's sibling, the YF-12A.

1964 Edwards YF-12A 60-6934 right front in flight Mark Hickman m.jpg yf.jpg

The YF-12 was a prototype for a missile-armed, Mach 3+ interceptor, intended to shoot down Russian bombers as far from US territory as possible. It was armed with three AIM-47 long range radar guided missiles, which flew at speeds slightly higher than Mach 4 (they were originally designed to fly at speeds approaching Mach 6, but they never got the rocket motors to produce enough thrust) carried internally. The usual beak-like nose of the other Blackbird variants (A-12, SR-71 and M-21) was replaced by a radome with a round cross-section, which changed the aircraft's flight characteristics enough to require a third vertical tail surface for stability - you can see it under the tail of the aircraft in the pictures above. It folded to the left for landing.

And here's the mind-boggling part: The YF-12 program was a success. There were seven live missile shots taken during the initial testing program, all at speeds around Mach 3 and altitudes over 70,000 feet. One missile failed because of a faulty gyro in its guidance system. The other six were successful hits - including the final shot, fired from 74,000 feet at Mach 3.2 at a maneuvering QB-47 drone (a remote controlled B-47 bomber) at an altitude of 500 feet. The missile scored a direct hit. The Air Force was impressed and placed an order for 96 F-12B aircraft in 1965.

And then...nothing. The contract was back-burnered for 3 years, then canceled by the Air Force when it became clear Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara would never free up funding for the YF-12s. And so the two existing examples (the third aircraft was written off after a landing accident in 1966) of the largest, fastest interceptor ever built were turned over to NASA in 1969 for high speed/high altitude experiments. One YF-12 crashed during NASA testing when an engine fire broke out on final approach, and the last one resides at the National Museum of the US Air Force at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.

LaborLawPaul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2021
    North Texas
    And here's the mind-boggling part: The YF-12 program was a success. There were seven live missile shots taken during the initial testing program, all at speeds around Mach 3 and altitudes over 70,000 feet. One missile failed because of a faulty gyro in its guidance system. The other six were successful hits - including the final shot, fired from 74,000 feet at Mach 3.2 at a maneuvering QB-47 drone (a remote controlled B-47 bomber) at an altitude of 500 feet. The missile scored a direct hit. The Air Force was impressed and placed an order for 96 F-12B aircraft in 1965.
    Makes me wonder what they really have now.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Pretty good vid here…this channel, Mustard, uses CAD and CGI to bring older planes back to life. It’s really well-done content, and they’ve got quite a following. Highly recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Makes me wonder what they really have now.

Well, thanks to Robert McNamara they never had F-12s. He saw any new fighter or interceptor as a threat to his baby project, the F-111 super fighter that was going to equip the Navy and Air Force and be the greatest fighter and interceptor ever...

...and wound up being a pretty decent tactical bomber for the Air Force with no air-to-air weapons.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Was just walking past a yellow jacket nest (that I didn't know about) and the little fuckers stung me 4 times innthe upper back. Gave me chills and felt sick for an hour or so afterward, Benadryl helped.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    While checking calibration of some flow valves at a gasoline terminal, I go hit on neck and face by yellow jackets. Took Benadryl then and again that night when I had breathing problems.

Top Bottom