• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I have always been terrified of the dentist so much in fact that I skipped seeing the dentist for over 10 years. Not seeing a dentist for 10 years is not a good idea at all for anybody and it left me with a few rotten teeth. I went to the dentist for the first time in a decade yesterday and had 3 teeth pulled and the rest cleaned and it was probably the most enjoyable dental visit I have been through in my life.

That being said you should know that my new dentist is my sister in law, She is a top notch dentist with state of the art equipment, she has big screens in all of her rooms on the ceiling so you can watch tv while they work on you. Her staff is just as good as she is and know how to treat dental patients like human beings and not like a paycheck.

If you are in the dallas area and have a fear of going to the dentist or if you just need a new dentist please PM me and I will give you her contact info.

I am posting this because I know a lot of people either have a fear small or large of having dental work done or just need a good dentist. I don't stand to make any money off this what so ever I just want to pass it along for you guys and girls on TGT.
    Texas SOT

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I had a deep scale cleaning just a few years ago. Compared to when I had it done two decades ago, I was amazed at how denistry has improved. There really is no reason to avoid it now.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It scares the shit out if me. As soon as I get in the chair my heart starts racing and blood pressure spikes.

That smell if they gotta drill or grind on a tooth makes me want to run for the hills but you can't move cause there's a drill in your mouth.

I've had a cavity in a molar for years and I can't bring my self to get it taken care of. Probably have to pull the tooth at this point.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    As a child I hated it, but as an adult it all sort of intrigues me. I've had quite a bit of root canals and extractions and I kind of got a kick out of wondering what exactly they were doing in there.

beaner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Plano
    I had a deep scale cleaning just a few years ago. Compared to when I had it done two decades ago, I was amazed at how denistry has improved. There really is no reason to avoid it now.

I had it done a few years ago myself. No way will I miss an appointment now.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I had fillings this week and last week. My new dentist at Castle dental in Round Rock is awesome as well..best dentist I have ever had..!

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dentists? Doctors?? Cripes, anything involving needles scares the Holy Hell out of me. An experience as a child started the fear. BUT, like my Mom, my teeth started "going bad" and after a couple broke off and some others were starting to get loose, I made the same decision she did -- get rid of them all. As I was sitting in the chair while the oral surgeon and his nurses were hooking me up to all the necessary equipment, one of them commented on my elevated blood pressure. One of the other nurses said that she had seen that in previous, pre-surgery appointments and not to worry. Then I started feeling "nice" and the lights went out. Woke up to them disconnecting all the monitoring equipment.

So now, the only thing I have to go to the dentist for is correcting the fit on my dentures. No needles. No drilling. But my blood pressure still goes up and my heart rate increases.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    My wife is a dental hygienist. The dentist she works for is a life-long friend and is HOT. All 5'2" of her scares me to death. A couple of years ago, we were eating some raw oysters at Pappadeaux in Houston and one had a bit of shell in it that broke off the side of my tooth so I had to get a crown. Their office awarded me the "Worst Patient" trophy.;) Nitros is my friend.

moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    Growing up, there was an episode of Married With Children that always seemed to play just a day or two before my scheduled dentist appointment... the one where Al has a tootheache and is terrified of going to get it checked out. I knew it was only a tv show, yet I still felt freaked out knowing an adult (as much as he was :p) was that scared to go himself.

At least it was nothing like Steve Martin the dentist from Little Shop of Horrors lol!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I have to go next Friday... So, here's me sticking my fingers in my ears.... La LA LA LA La LA
    La la la la la la la la la la la la la
    Did I mention I have to go next Friday?????
    La la la la la la la la la
    I'm canceling.....

rollin.gif
    rofl1.gif
    rollin.gif

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    I have an appointment coming up in march. Hate the dentist. The cleaning isn't bad, it's wondering if they are going to find anything is what sucks and right now it hurts to chew on my right side.

The needle is the worst part though, then being numb all day. :(

Last cavity I had I had them fix it without meds and it really wasn't that painful at all.

Top Bottom