• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well, if we want to look for positives, OC has never received this level of positive attention prior to a session that I can recall, and that's basically thanks to Abbott. So maybe he truly does want to make it a priority.
    It looks good. I think they might be trying to cruise the bill in without any OCT type attention.
    Guns International

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I emailed my Rep. There is a Rep from Frisco running against Straus for speaker. We need to work through our reps to get Straus replaced.. Representative Turner has a chance to win if we all get behind him.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I emailed my Rep. There is a Rep from Frisco running against Straus for speaker. We need to work through our reps to get Straus replaced.. Representative Turner has a chance to win if we all get behind him.
    Good info. The speaker is elected from the House not just the party I believe. I mention that to note it may be worth contacting conservative democrats.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I'm going to show me support by wearing my owb holster empty everyday. I'm sure lots of people will ask what that's all about and then it opens up the convo and I can tell them to contact their rep. I encourage others to do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Frankly, as far as wearing an empty holster around, I think it would be better to just lay low for a few more months and give Abbott & Co some space to get this done. I don't quite understand what good it does to potentially give the anti's more excuses to bitch.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Frankly, as far as wearing an empty holster around, I think it would be better to just lay low for a few more months and give Abbott & Co some space to get this done. I don't quite understand what good it does to potentially give the anti's more excuses to bitch.
    Hmmm I get that point as well. I suppose I see it as an action people can take, that isnt threatening in appearance like hauling an AR15 around.

The antis are going to yell and scream anyway. Its the suburbanites and soccer moms that we have to be careful with. An image on the news with well dressed guys with empty holsters? That doesn't play in Peoria. Do I have to shave though? Got a sweet beard going.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    Maybe the state house Republicans can get together and decide who they will unify behind and support before the vote in the House. Is there anything unethical about that? With 3 or 4 people running for the position, Republicans need to counter the Democrat unity vote for Strauss.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    So....can Abbott and Patrick put enough pressure on him to get it moving?
    The governor can call a special session to address the issue, bypassing the obstructionist speaker. Perry could have done it, and did do it for some issues, but never did for anything 2A related. Lets see if Abbott will.

Couyon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    NW of Austin
    I've lived in two open carry states... Time to see Texas get there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      36.8 KB · Views: 91

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park

jiFfM.jpg

Really when has laying low ever made a positive impact with any legislation ever.....

The hardcore antis already know this bill has been filed so that wont make a difference. The on the fencers will feel exponentially more comfortable with a guy with an empty pistol holster as opposed to snow boots holding an AK at low ready.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    d
    View attachment 31112

Really when has laying low ever made a positive impact with any legislation ever.....

The hardcore antis already know this bill has been filed so that wont make a difference. The on the fencers will feel exponentially more comfortable with a guy with an empty pistol holster as opposed to snow boots holding an AK at low ready.
    Really, some of the groups like CATI have been advocating Black Powder pistols or bananas in holsters for nearly a year at this point. I know I bought one and it usually draws far less attention, and is generally not alarming to most people.

Top Bottom