Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2503660/

Go to Google Scholar and search "cannabanoids pain"
    you will receive an avalanche of articles showing its great promise.

This thread is going in circles around my main two contentions.
    Make is a schedule 2 drug such that it becomes easy to to scholarly research into it's, quite likely, numerous medical benefits.
    Legalize it. Tax the hell out it. Educate the public about it's responsible use.
    Prohibition of alcohol was foolhardy. Prohibition of pot is the same.
    Both have hazards. Ethanol vastly more so.
    Yep, never heard of people dying of pot poisoning.
    Military Camp

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

"LD50" is the amount of something that will kill half of people. "Lethal Dose 50%"

https://www.legalise.org.nz/lethal-dose/

The LD50 for pot is something like 20,000 joints in 15 minutes.

Even if that is a 1000% exaggeration and the LD50 is "only" 2,000 joints in 15 minutes.....well.....

Pot is not my thing but this Victory Brewery Triple Belgian Golden Monkey craft beer in my glass right now is probably bad for me, though it's quite (9.5% ABV) refreshing.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    "LD50" is the amount of something that will kill half of people. "Lethal Dose 50%"

Even if that is a 1000% exaggeration and the LD50 is "only" 2,000 joints in 15 minutes.....well.....

Pot is not my thing but this Victory Brewery Triple Belgian Golden Monkey craft beer in my glass right now is probably bad for me, though it's quite (9.5% ABV) refreshing.
    When their stoned it takes them 15 minutes to roll one joint.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'd drinking a craft beer with 9.5% ABV

that's 33.7 cc of alcohol.
    The LD50 of ethanol is 560cc of 100% pure ethanol.

15.4 bottles of this Golden Monkey Triple Belgian would kill 50% of people!!!
    The LD50 of McAllen scotch is 1.74 bottles.

vs. 20,000 joints!

Dang.
    Reinstate the 18th Amendment and legalize ganja weed!

BTW the LD50 at Starbucks is about 47 Venti(20 oz) cups of coffee.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Since pot is usually smoked, probably worth considering what it's doing to lungs when weighing the effects of moderate MJ use to Moderate alcohol consumption.

I'm talking about what would fall in to the "responsible use" category.

Of course, comparing hard core stoners to hard core alcoholics may yield fairly even results.

There's more to the story than LD50.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Since pot is usually smoked, probably worth considering what it's doing to lungs when weighing the effects of moderate MJ use to Moderate alcohol consumption.

I'm talking about what would fall in to the "responsible use" category.

Of course, comparing hard core stoners to hard core alcoholics may yield fairly even results.

There's more to the story than LD50.

Wholly agree.

The "social responsibility" of the cannabis shops is deserving of recognition.

A place I've been of late:
    Check this:
    http://www.myorganix.com/about-us/default.aspx

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma

It’s been over 20 yrs since I’ve gotten high but I can say from experience you can only smoke about 3 joints in that amount of time (if you have help) and the reality was the last 2 were wasted because you were high off the 1st one. That’s some funny shit.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So, for all the newcomers...let’s remember the Supreme Court has ruled its constitutional for government to regulate who can possess a firearm.

BATFE legally restricts possession of firearms from someone who “Is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance”.

So long as marijuana remains a schedule I drug, are you willing to trade your guns to have pot?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Same way most people die of alcohol. Running a 3000lb missile into a tree or cement pillar.
    You probably haven't seen many people drive high on pot, many go so slow and relaxed to hurt themselves too bad. At least that's what I remember from back in the day.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    No, but there have been cases of marijuana related suicides
    http://www.9news.com/mobile/article...in-colorado-a-warning-about-dabbing/346018775
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marijuana-cookie-death-colorado-warning-labels-cdc/
    http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/05/18/marijuana-intoxication-blamed-in-more-deaths-injuries/

These cases are in addition to those that ruin their lives by getting addicted to the feeling and want to be high all the time- then stop functioning as members of society. But hey, the right to the pursuit of happiness includes choosing your own path to hell.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think if you had made the decision to dedicating your life to getting high, you are probably not quite right in the head in the first place.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I think if you had made the decision to dedicating your life to getting high, you are probably not quite right in the head in the first place.

Wow wonder when this thread would take a turn. Let me speak for myself only. I have smoked enough pot back in the day to know what it’s all about. I haven’t smoked any pot in over 20 years. I believe everyone has a right. Diva absolutely has a right to attend a concert and not have to smell some asshats pot smoke. Responsible people don’t infringe in others space. But just because someone is an advocate for legal marijuana doesn’t make them “not quite right in the head”. Far from it. This is the common perception and it couldn’t be further from the truth. With that being said, there are plenty of idiot in this world. I’m sure some of them get High. It is what it is. But please, just because someone either smokes weed or is an advocate for the legalization of marijuana doesn’t make them “not quite right”.

Top Bottom