• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    If it is a non smoking venue (which most are) I agree that people shouldn't be smoking anything in there.

Honestly though, at a rock concert you should kind of expect it to happen.

I would think the smart choice for a pregnant or nursing mother would be to avoid the situation completely.

Well gotcha, because “smart” me, was able to attend anyways and have a fine result that I was pleased with, with just a little effort.

I nursed three children without a break for eight years. I don’t have to give up concerts for a near decade of my life. I can ask for good customer service and whoooo hoooo I’m back in the game.
    Hurley's Gold

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Yeah, and now he’s dead. Coincidence? I think not.
    IT WAS.........
    zN0q0gO.gif

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Why?

The very, very limited, studies around medicinal qualities only indicate it may be useful in a limited number of scenarios.

Again, just because another state, where YOU can legally, freely, and easily relocate to agrees it’s a good thing to jump off a bridge doesn’t require this state to do so, just because other states have done is.

If you’re asking why to the statement that pot should be legal you’re simply not paying attention to what’s going on or you’re just opposed to it being legal. Being opposed is fine and I absolutely have no problem with that but I choose to stay in Texas and at some point down the road we will be able to purchase and use marijuana legally. There are millions who support that in this state and despite the rumors not all pot smokers are liberals. Lmao. Far from it.

As to your comment about there being very very limited studies in regard to the medical used of cannabinoids? Well, you haven’t done your homework on that subject. Try google. That read should keep you occupied for a few months.

Last edited:

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    If you’re asking why to the statement that pot should be legal you’re simply not paying attention to what’s going on or you’re just opposed to it being legal. Being opposed is fine and I absolutely have no problem with that but I choose to stay in Texas and at some point down the road we will be able to purchase and use marijuana legally. There are millions who support that in this state and despite the rumors not all pot smokers are liberals. Lmao. Far from it.
    Never said that all MJ users are liberals (and there are MANY more ways to take it than smoking)... but it WILL bring more liberals that would otherwise stay in states more friendly. Legalizing it is taking the same road that will lead to universal background checks (on F2F sales), magazine capacity limits, bans on certain types of weapons and/or accessories.

Mark my words- the left is DYING to turn Texas blue... it would be the end of the Republic.

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    I was just in Colorado for two weeks (got back on Friday) and I can sure-as-shit tell you that legalized pot has had an even greater impact on that state than its use when it was still illegal. I did smell it on several occasions in the Colorado Springs area and weed shops outnumber MacDonald's and Starbucks. There are even "churches" that sell it (to get around paying taxes).

And while I know it's not likely, a large number of drivers in the Springs-Denver corridor drive like they're stoned! I was stuck behind idiots on I-25 in the left lane doing 20 under the speed limit (which is usually 75 MPH) and not passing the vehicles in the right lane. I've also never witnessed so many people running red lights in my life (even compared to the Middle East or Italy!). My rental had a sunroof and I even got whiffs of the stuff stopped at traffic lights, so I am pretty much convinced that people are driving and smoking it.

Lastly, the homeless/drug users in downtown C-Springs are like the zombies in The Walking Dead, you can't avoid them! Acacia Park looked like Woodstock with the number of stoners hanging out in it. And yes, I did see a number of homeless "camps" throughout the city. I have been going to "The Springs" for years now, and it is noticeably worse!

Again, I don't see marijuana being any worse than alcohol or nicotine; but we've got enough problems with those and other "legal" drugs. I also agree that legalization attracts a certain "demographic" that don't contribute much to society in general. I am sure there will be responsible users, but even this minority brings an unwelcomed element that Texas doesn't need.

Plus, they'd all most likely vote Democratic, so it's best they stay away! :spank:

Cheers! M2

Nicely stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Never said that all MJ users are liberals (and there are MANY more ways to take it than smoking)... but it WILL bring more liberals that would otherwise stay in states more friendly. Legalizing it is taking the same road that will lead to universal background checks (on F2F sales), magazine capacity limits, bans on certain types of weapons and/or accessories.

Mark my words- the left is DYING to turn Texas blue... it would be the end of the Republic.

I know how we can prevent bring more liberals in to Texas if pot is legalized? We get it legalized federally and in every state! YES!

FIFY

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Honestly though, at a rock concert you should kind of expect it to happen.

Let’s expand on that logic. Should you kind of expect to get raped at an interview, just because it’s with Harvey Weinstein, Matt Lauer, or any number of other executives.

Does the ‘venue’ or the reason for being there justify the result?

Why is it/isn’t justified?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

The claim can be made that there are laws in place and those should be adhered to, but I'm also of the persuasion that laws are not always correct and being that laws are fallible they should not be used as justification for such arguments.

Not really an argument for or against pot, but one on the more broad idea of the rights of the individual to their property and fruits of their labor.

In context, the argument presented is that each individual is now judge, jury, and executioner when it comes to which laws are correct and which aren’t.

If recreational marijuana is legalized, and I believe the law is fallible, then I have the right to enforce such laws as I deem fit to protect my property and the fruits of my labor, regardless of what government says.

Q: Where is the line between liberty and anarchy?

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    I know how we can prevent bring more liberals in to Texas if pot is legalized? We get it legalized federally and in every state! YES!

FIFY
    How about we allow Medical use (which has passed, with restrictions), but not recreational?
    That way, they will prefer states with less restrictions...

Besides, to get it legalized federally you also have to revoke/break or amend treaties... Namely the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs passed in 1961, The Convention on Psychotropic Substances passed in 1971, and the United Nations Convention Against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances of 1988... good luck

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    How about we allow Medical use (which has passed, with restrictions), but not recreational?
    That way, they will prefer states with less restrictions...

Besides, to get it legalized federally you also have to revoke/break or amend treaties... Namely the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs passed in 1961, The Convention on Psychotropic Substances passed in 1971, and the United Nations Convention Against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances of 1988... good luck

Well now that’s a real buzz kill......

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Synthetic has no resemblance to regular weed.

I agree. Cannabis is a natural feeling. Synthetic mimics it to a degree. Yet ends in a headache.

When 'Spice' was legal. A store across the street from the Temple VA sold small jars of it. It looked like stuff that Hobby Lobby would sweep off the floor in the fake flower isle.

I regret trying it but it was during a time in life. A hotel room knows no standards.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    ^^I’m sorry to hear that and glad you didn’t continue. Synthetic scares me, from the mental health consequences I’ve seen in kids I’ve treated who have used it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've often gotten the hint that the synthetic is planned. The U.S. government already owns the patent on the original. To make a synthetic duplicate would be a big pharma dream come true. Mo-Money Mo-Money'

In this day and time. I wouldn't be surprised if it was pharmaceutical samples given to the public for the recording of the effects. People reportedly died. Who in this world has a laboratory capable of synthetic cannabis?

Top Bottom