• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tC_Matt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    Called my state representative today, 7 hours later I get a call from dps stating that my Ltc is all set and will be in my mailbox in 7-10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tC_Matt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    Finally got my Ltc in the mail this morning!

My timeline was as follows:
    2/22- took Ltc course
    2/23- submitting all paperwork
    2/26- did fingerprinting
    3/23- called for an update
    4/25- called my local representative because it was 60 days. Few hours later got a call back stating its been approved and will be in my mailbox in 7-10 days
    5/2- Ltc in my mailbox

Excited to finally get it. Felt like forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holbrla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Three of us took the course together and our submittals were all with in a day or two -
    1/12/2016 11:36 AM - We have received your License To Carry supporting documents. Please allow up to six weeks for processing. [I believe this was for submittal of my CHL-100]
    1/15/2016 4:44 PM - IdentoGo Service Confirmation - TX Personal Review
    1/15/2016 4:44 PM - IdentoGo Service Confirmation - TX License to Carry
    1/21/2016 - Certification of Criminal History [No criminal history] (TX Personal Review copy)
    4/07/2016 Received mail notification from DPS that CHL Instructor's license had expired - resubmitted a new CHL-100 dated 4/2/2016

4/13/2016 at 11:55 am I called and managed to get into the wait cue - after a 50 minute wait finally spoke to very nice lady - I was concerned that I had mailed my new CHL-100 in without the reject letter - RSD received my new CHL-100 on 4/11/2016 - she said that should be no problem and noted my account - she did say that they were still swamped -

The other two folks that took the course with me sent their new CHL-100's with the reject letter

5/6/2016 The web site changed for the other two that mailed the new CHL-100 in with the RSD request letter - One received his license later that same day (5/6) - the other received his license today (5/9)

Mine is still no change -

Last edited:

therabbit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2016
    been lurking this forum since February. My license came in today so I wanted to share my timeline.

CHL class ----------------------------January 16th, 2016
    Finger Prints ------------------------ January 27th, 2016
    LTC Supp. Doc Received------------January 28th, 2016
    Website Updated--------------------May 6th, 2016?
    License Received--------------------May 9th, 2016

total of 14 weeks and 4 days from confirmation email.

The question mark next to the date for the updated website is an estimate. I stopped checking every day back in the beginning of April. I figured, if it makes it, it makes it. I checked Sunday night and saw the website was updated.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom