TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Docs submitted: 12/23
    Docs acknowledged as received: 12/27

LTC Approved: 1/10

Just waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

I think the holiday resulted in some delays.

4e1ad8cd7beb810733986b1bc83965b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Got one in the mail today. Considering the holiday break, didn't take long at all...submitted 12/23 to received 1/13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Submitted application for renewal yesterday. Took 10 weeks to get my first CHL back in 2013. It's still good until August, so should have plenty time. I'm curious. It says all attachments must be submitted in .PDF format. How in the heck do you do that? I mean how do you convert a DD214 to .PDF format?

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    What format is it in now?
    Paper.

Attached file(s)
    When you are attaching your supporting documents, please make certain to follow all the following steps:

1. For each LTC-100/CHL-100/LTC-101 or document you will be submitting, first select the "Browse" box; and from your computer choose the specific file you would like to attach. You can “Attach” up to five different documents.
      NOTE: Attachments should be in .pdf file format only and cannot contain special characters (: \/:*?<>|) in the file name.
    2. Once you have used the "Browse" button to select all of the supporting documents you want to submit, next click on the "Attach" button to simultaneously attach all of your documents.

Last edited:

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Well do you have a scanner? Those can scan to PDF these days. Otherwise, take a picture of it with your phone and convert it to PDF.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    When I applied for my renewal recently (also August - happy birthday to us), I understood to just give em' some money for now & they'd "try" to use documents already on file (pics & fingerprints for me) & if they needed additional documentation (prettier picture?), they'd let me know. Seems like DD214 would be the same if you already have it on file. Was this instruction (DD214 in PDF) a follow up or is this the original renewal instruction? Does you soon-to-be renewed license already have vet status noted on it?

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    Well do you have a scanner? Those can scan to PDF these days. Otherwise, take a picture of it with your phone and convert it to PDF.
    If you have scanned in the paper DD 214 you can go to the web, with question, convert (whatever you have after scanning jpg. jng, etc.) to PDF. Program will convert document for free and easy.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    When I applied for my renewal recently (also August - happy birthday to us), I understood to just give em' some money for now & they'd "try" to use documents already on file (pics & fingerprints for me) & if they needed additional documentation (prettier picture?), they'd let me know. Seems like DD214 would be the same if you already have it on file. Was this instruction (DD214 in PDF) a follow up or is this the original renewal instruction? Does you soon-to-be renewed license already have vet status noted on it?
    This was just the email confirming my renewal application.

CHECKLIST:

• TxDPS will attempt to use the Texas DL/ID photo and resubmit the fingerprints on file for your renewal application. If either of these items does not meet current quality standards, TxDPS will notify the applicant and a new submission will be required.
    • Copy of DD-214 (Member-4), OR Any other official documentation showing the applicant is honorably retired military (if not on file).
    Please upload all items from the checklist, if applicable, through the RSD secured website: https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/contact/ltcatt.aspx.

The RSD website is where it says to submit attachments only in PDF format. They should have the DD214 on file that I sent them in 2013, but I don't know for sure since they did list it in the checklist. My current license does have vet status on it.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown

Thanks. I have a scanner. Did not know that. I'll give it a try.
    If you have scanned in the paper DD 214 you can go to the web, with question, convert (whatever you have after scanning jpg. jng, etc.) to PDF. Program will convert document for free and easy.

Thank you.
    If you have a Windows PC, you have "print" to PDF already installed as an option.

And, something else I didn't know. Thanks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Tomball Texas
    Using a scanner app on a smartphone is useful. Takes picture of your document and converts it. I use one called cam scanner for documentation and receipts for expense reports when traveling. They have option to scan and email a pdf copy to your self or whoever.

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Just checked the status of my renewal. They have all the documents. I did not need to resubmit the DD214. Background check is pending review. Shouldn't be long now.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Just checked the status of my renewal. They have all the documents. I did not need to resubmit the DD214. Background check is pending review. Shouldn't be long now.
    Outstanding. Mine went well also. From receiving initial paperwork to getting the renewed license back was just less than a month. Now DL & carry lic have same photo. 1st time my lic is LTC instead of CHL.

Top Bottom