• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    Any recommendations for somebody who handles transfers around Beaumont? My local go-to guy didn't renew his license and got out of the business.

UPDATE: So after calling around locally, I am still in shock. FORTY BUCKS for a transfer? Cheapest I could find was $35...

jkchan83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Sugar Land, TX
    Any recommendations for somebody who handles transfers around Beaumont? My local go-to guy didn't renew his license and got out of the business.

UPDATE: So after calling around locally, I am still in shock. FORTY BUCKS for a transfer? Cheapest I could find was $35...

I know you don't want to hear it, but that's actually a pretty good price. Some go as low as $20/transfer, but I *wish* I only paid $40 per transfer.

As a comparison, the prices in California are much higher. At the lowest-priced FFL within 50 miles, the prices are:

Rifle: $55 + DROS
    Handgun: $45 + DROS
    Receiver: $35 + DROS

DROS is the mandatory California background check. It costs $25, so a rifle received from out of state gets charged $80 in receiving fees. Ouch!

And, as I said, this is the CHEAPEST place in Orange County, CA. Most places charge upwards of $50 + DROS for all types of firearms.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    For northwest Houston/Waller area I use:

International Repo Depot
    26467 Clark Rd
    Waller TX 77484
    Tel: 936-372-5683
    FAX: 936-372-2460
    email: etv100@earthlink.net

Call him before you drop by. He's way out in the woods but a really nice guy and very reasonable prices, best I've found around town. I know what he charges me but he's a friend and your price may vary.

In addition when you pick up your gun you get to look at some very interesting military vehicles which are in the process of restoration. That's his primary business.

The ak kid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Stix Guns in Sinton Texas.

you can contact him at (361)319-9215

20 dollar transfers, and a really cool guy.

Top Bottom