Guns International

Lufkin Man Serves as Straw Buyer for Chinese Communist to Buy 140K Acres Near Laughlin AFB

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Despite efforts and warnings, a Chinese Communist has purchased 140,000 acres of land along the Mexican border near Laughlin AFB. The Lufkin man bought a number of properties from the previous landholders and then sold them to the Chinese on the same day, serving essentially as a straw buyer so no one would know it was going to the Chinese. The companies affiliated with this Chinese billionaire already own huge tracts of Texas under various names and entities.

Its bad enough when people sell property to a company that they do not do the research on, but to have someone purposefully serve as a shill for the Chinese is inexcusable.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Now that they published David Frankens' name, I wonder if he needs to worry about his safety.
    Will the Chinese government protect him here in TX? Or would it be cheaper to find another straw buyer to pay off?

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    If Biden had a single working brain cell he could make the Chinese forgive most if not all of our debt. Just trade it for not nationalizing every stinking acre of the millions they own. That's what the Fed is for. Protecting the country.
    Past time to free the Panama Canal of them as well.

California folks come to Texas cause the Chinese already own nearby Nevada.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm thinking Eli is correct. I don't think there are any laws prohibiting someone from buying land.

I think possibly the Chinese buyers used a straw man for the purchase of this land, probably thinking there was anti-Chinese sentiment attached to them buying the land, and thinking the sellers would sell that land to them. Reading the comments on this thread, their suspicions were probably correct.

I'm not thrilled with foreign investors coming into our country and buying up land or business', but sadly, that is one of the downsides of capitalism in this country. Anyone with a large amount of money can play the game.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Hey shitbag, thanks for selling out your country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I agree. While what he did wasn't illegal, it sure comes off as shady and unethical.

Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to laws being passed that made it illegal for anyone that wasn't a citizen to purchase land in this country.

Huntsman52

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    San Antonio
    Since wind farms are government subsidized...sounds like a round about way to filter cash to the chicons. Heard about this land purchase a few months ago. Crazy and sad how national security and our military would allow that next to an active airfield. Wonder how they are going to handle the illegal's traversing across there?

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Unfortunately, anybody can buy land in America.

Eli

If anyone can buy land why is this a “straw” purchase suggesting it’s illegal? Why didn’t the Chicoms buy outright?

If it’s an illegal purchase, the land should revert back to the original owners abs they should get to keep the $$. Let the Chicoms get their pound of flesh from the straw man.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Since wind farms are government subsidized...sounds like a round about way to filter cash to the chicons. Heard about this land purchase a few months ago. Crazy and sad how national security and our military would allow that next to an active airfield. Wonder how they are going to handle the illegal's traversing across there?

This is exactly it; the Administration sent a clear message to China outlying all the ways they can funnel the “Infrastructure” and regular budget dollars to China and this is just one of hundreds of vehicles they will use. The underhanded way this went down shows that it was intended to be deceitful from the start.

This all started back in the Clinton days, was renewed with Obama and is now openly blatant since the Left controls the media. No need to hide it, but they tried.

The amount of federal contracts that will go to Chinese shell companies over the next four years will be immense, not to mention the high tech corporate deals with the Communists.

Reactions: Eli

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    If anyone can buy land why is this a “straw” purchase suggesting it’s illegal? Why didn’t the Chicoms buy outright?

If it’s an illegal purchase, the land should revert back to the original owners abs they should get to keep the $$. Let the Chicoms get their pound of flesh from the straw man.

It's what I suspect are perceptions. Given what is going on currently in this country in regards to China, I suspect there is a lot of anti-Chinese sentiment.

So it's quite possible the Chinese company or entity used a middle-man as the buyer for the land, not because it was illegal, but perceptions being what they are, they probably suspected that the seller of the land wouldn't be receptive to a Chinese buyer of the land.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    While anyone can buy land, it’s a red flag and law enforcement should observe what’s going on. If someone is acting sneaky it’s for a reason.

Top Bottom