• Status
    Not open for further replies.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I thought it was TRNs forum. But there were several smaller Texas gun forums at one point so I'm not sure.
    I remember a small breakaway forum that was named similar to tgt i think that dude was from Houston or college station? I feel like the url was even tgtforum or something like that. I wanna say this was around the same time they started marketing versacarry because this and the other forum was the only one they first posted to and also later? Possibly carried a sponsorship.

Im super guilty of slowly not going to any of the meet ups and slowly not posting as much either. However, I would rather this forum not die.

I formed some good friendships through here, learned some things along the way and enjoyed the company.

Edit: oh I thought that was about this forum. Thats what I get for reading while sleepy.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I bet it could be picked up cheap if someone wanted to take a run at a forum

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Yes, the Texas Gun Forum will likely be gone by Monday.... But, I've been on this forum a while, and many, many other gun forums...

Never been there, just checked it out. Ugly color choice IMHO

Thanks. Orange is my favorite color, and I always thought the color scheme was different than any other gun forum. And, I liked it :D

We actually didn't start out as that color - but we eventually gave the forum a face lift from the default color scheme of the software.

Didn't they break off from here and start that Forum?

No, it was always its own thing.

I've run it from the beginning for the site owner...

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yes, the Texas Gun Forum will likely be gone by Monday.... But, I've been on this forum a while, and many, many other gun forums...

Thanks. Orange is my favorite color, and I always thought the color scheme was different than any other gun forum. And, I liked it :D

We actually didn't start out as that color - but we eventually gave the forum a face lift from the default color scheme of the software.

No, it was always its own thing.

I've run it from the beginning for the site owner...

When was it started?

ETA: Someone had mentioned TRN, and I thought it was a different Forum.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    When was it started?

ETA: Someone had mentioned TRN, and I thought it was a different Forum.

As per the post someone quoted a page or 2 back - 1 month short of 10 years that the Texas Gun Forum has been around..

I don't know what TRN is.

I know of the Texas Hunting Forum and Texas CHL Forum (which doesn't come up anymore, so I guess it is gone now)

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    As per the post someone quoted a page or 2 back - 1 month short of 10 years that the Texas Gun Forum has been around..

I don't know what TRN is.

I know of the Texas Hunting Forum and Texas CHL Forum (which doesn't come up anymore, so I guess it is gone now)

So you were a member here before it started evidently.

Texas
    Red
    Neck

That is his screen name.

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    Wow I first thought Texas Gun Talk was closing till I read the title, it is a shame to see any gun forum closing. It almost happened to MOCarry when I was in MO they lost a lot of people and now it is almost dead. We were monitored by the govt, and hackers that shutdown the site for days and put up a stupid picture or a warning that the site was closed seemed to scare a lot of people. Now it is just a skeleton of what it used to be. With joe and ho we better be careful it doesn't happen to us.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I guess there is gonna be a whole lot more threads about Berettas around here now...

Haha. Actually, about 90% of my gun forum time is at the Beretta Forum
    OpP60rl.gif
    OpP60rl.gif
    OpP60rl.gif

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Wow I first thought Texas Gun Talk was closing till I read the title, it is a shame to see any gun forum closing. It almost happened to MOCarry when I was in MO they lost a lot of people and now it is almost dead. We were monitored by the govt, and hackers that shutdown the site for days and put up a stupid picture or a warning that the site was closed seemed to scare a lot of people. Now it is just a skeleton of what it used to be. With joe and ho we better be careful it doesn't happen to us.
    I thought it was this forum too I was too upset to read correctly lol.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom