Texas Gun Legislation that is about to pass...

Texasgrillchef

Jul 27, 2018
Lewisville
HB 918 - Can you advise the details? I’m a little confused regarding your synopsis. If I have a protective order against somebody, then I’m allowed to get a LTC?
If your between the age of 18-21 and you have a protective order against someone AND you do all of the other normal requirements to get a LTC, the. Yes. Meaning passing a background check, get your fingerprints and take a LTC class.

the other thing, is once you turn 21, you can renew The LTC online to a regular one.

Vaquero

Dog faced pony soldier
Apr 4, 2011
More West Central these days.
If your between the age of 18-21 and you have a protective order against someone AND you do all of the other normal requirements to get a LTC, the. Yes. Meaning passing a background check, get your fingerprints and take a LTC class.
"If someone wants to harm or kill you, prior to turning 21, and after turning 18"
You get a fighting chance. If you jump through hoops.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
Forum Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
San Antonio
I have agree with Cam on this as well. Probably doing something they should no be doing.

I see a huge problem with a person lying, or providing false information on Form 4473. And yes, IMO if a person knowingly lied, or provided false information on a Form 4473 they should be charged with a felony.

There is only one reason that I can see for a person to knowingly lie, is because if they told the truth, they would be denied from buying and possessing a gun.

If you have to lie, then you probably have no business with a gun in the first place.
Except that there is no such thing as a federally prohibited person in the constitution. Even a 4473 is not constitutional by the US constitution.

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
somewhere.....East Texas.
Except that there is no such thing as a federally prohibited person in the constitution. Even a 4473 is not constitutional by the US constitution.
I totally agree with you on that. But as laws stand currently, there are what are classed as "prohibited" person from buying, possessing or owning firearms.

Criminals aren't filling out a 4473 to begin with.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads