• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Plus, if they don't want me carrying there, I don't want to be there.

This is the way I feel about the whole issue.

For the life of me, I just can't get into the whole "wrong signage" thing (i.e., its got the wrong size letters...it doesn't have contrasting colors, they're not block letters, etc. etc.). I'm glad the law nails down the technical sign requirements - that's undoubtedly needed. But to try to use that to attempt to evade the owner's intentions is just beyond my comprehension. I'm a big believer in "voting with my feet" - I'll take my business {MONEY} to someone who honors our Bill Of Rights. For instance, I have no issue with HEB, I simply shop at Kroger's.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    piss on the fire and call the dogs boys.
    we have screwed up by fighting for OC

maybe we can get them to take it back from us?
    what were we thinking?

Our liberty was too inconvenient! We want our SHOPPING back! PLEEEEEASE I BEG OF THEE!

:p

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Way too early in the overall scheme of things to be presenting any position as the final, definitive, end-all result of the OC law passage. No matter how badly some junior editorial staff writer may want her article to create a perceived reality, the REAL reality is, we're only three weeks downstream from the law having taken affect. Only the passage of additional time will prove what the lasting effect of the OC law will be (not some cub reporter's viewpoint).

Exactly. Everyone worrying needs to have a few beers and cool their jets. Things are going pretty damn good for us as far as the long game is concerned.

Or, if you just MUST worry, allow me to help you out by pointing out how many signs are going to go up when the Satanic Consitutional Carry passes! Oh Lord Jesus HAAAAAAAALP!!!!!

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Honestly, who truly cares what an idiot acting major aka future free shit army member from NY has to say about TX.

As for Cotton, what an idiot. I don't necessarily believe that OC is appropriate in today's society, but I still support the idea that law abiding folks should have a right to chose how they do things. I don't worry about the gun or bat or pipe someone has on them, but about their actions.

As far as I can tell OC has forced some closet anti's to come out and show their true colors. Maybe some are mislead into posting both signs, maybe others just needed an excuse. Either way they are now out. Those that post and you frequent; write them a letter asking what they are doing. Based on that answer or lack there of make a choice as to whether your Constitutional rights are more important that said food or widget. IMO there isn't anything that special about any business out there. Dipshit Cotton obviously places a higher value on his ability to get a widget than on his protection. Also, who the hell shops at a retail establishment anymore??? 90% of the things (groceries excluded) I buy end up being purchased over the Internet.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Here is what has happened. The Moms Demanding Penis( and by referring to MDA, I mean all anti groups, I add this because I know some of you will nitpick) knew OC was going to pass and instead of fighting it as hard as they could, they focused on the whole signage thing and intentionally mis-educating business owners. A lot of the signs are being sold at $7 each by http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...Dems-try-to-cash-in-on-open-carry-6741842.php.

It is going to take a concerted , polite, adult effort on our part to reverse this. AK toting "patriots" crying about "muh rahts" are not going to get it done.

Talk to managers/owners. Scan your receipts and send emails, be polite, and if that does not work, go elsewhere.

Top Bottom