Texas Gun Talk Birthday Shootathon - Hosted by Shiloh Shooting Range - August 24th

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    its getting close to that time!!! this is going to be badass. we'll be celebrating some birthdays, eating some good food, shooting some badass texas guns. hearing instruction from some of the most well respected shooters around these parts. All in one location, what more can you ask for?

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    WHOOOOOH, My trigger finger is gettin' itchy! Alan, are you Austin boys gettin excited? I'm so freakin excited I can't even sleep, I just wanna get this STI, Talon shootin' done!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I can't wait either. It's going to be a blast! Only annoying thing is in all my preparation, I completely forgot to get any sort of mag carriers. ;) Guess I'll have to use my pockets or something.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    i also farted in the prize box just for alan!!! happy birthday bub!!! lozl!

j/k i think me and jeff are gonna get some trigger time in tonight to knock some of the dust off, im not sure about him but i sure do need it.

300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    sorry gang, I was planning to come and meet all .But I have to work and won't make it this time .

Have a Great time and post lots of pictures

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Sorry guys, we're probably not going to make it out. We decided to hit up the range today to get a little practice in, but now my Glock's malfunctioning, in a very bad way. I don't know what's going on with it, but I had the range officer and instructor look at it and looks like I'll have to have it sent in to a gunsmith. Sorry gents, maybe next time.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    i know glocks like the back of my hand, you should bring it by and let me look at it, it'll be cheaper and will only cost you the gas over to shiloh.
    Sorry guys, we're probably not going to make it out. We decided to hit up the range today to get a little practice in, but now my Glock's malfunctioning, in a very bad way. I don't know what's going on with it, but I had the range officer and instructor look at it and looks like I'll have to have it sent in to a gunsmith. Sorry gents, maybe next time.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

You can shoot mine.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Cyfer,

Come out to Shiloh. I'll find something to for you to shoot that will make you forget about that Glock. Besides you can't mail the glock today anyhow.

When my glock broke years ago and I sent it back they treated me like a King. I even recieved the pistol back with new night sights as the Glock guys thought they were getting dim.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Great event fellas! If was good to meet some forum members and put some lead downrange.

There's no Karate at the gun range. Roger

LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    The event was a success, in my opinion. I fired several guns by STI. It gave me a real good look at them because I intend to by a 1911 sometime.

The IDPA demonstration was fun. Mark told me I should push myself a little more. Thanks for the advice, Mark. I will do that.

Talon Arms gave me a good look at the AR-15 platform. After I get proficient with pistols, I'll move up to long guns. Courtesy of Talon, I fired my first fully automatic weapon: the MP5.

The thrill of the day was shooting the big .500 Smith & Wesson. It has kick like a mule, but it was fun. I'm saving the brass as a souvenir.

Good going on the event, Shiloh. I had fun all day long. On the next event, maybe the Sig rep will be available.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    So, I'm really glad we decided to come out and it was an absolute blast! Good to finally meet a few fellow members and shoot some rounds downrange with them.

Special thanks goes out to Jeff & Ngoc at Shiloh for hosting the event for us and Texas1911 for organizing the troops and event here on TGT. Also a huge thanks goes out to TalonArms & ducksps for bringing out the really, really fun toys to shoot. Ducksps, you really did help find me something that helped forget about my Glock malfunctioning. My fiance, my brother, and I appreciate you for letting us go at it on the UMP, TP9, MP5, & Mac. My gawd it was a blast!

Overall I thought it was a success and worth the $250 or so I spent on the event and ammo today.

I'll have the videos of Texas1911, HK_Fiend, myself, and others transferred and uploaded as soon as I get a chance.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Awesome! I had a great time.

Cyfer, thanks for taking the vids man. I can't wait to see how they turned out. Thanks a bunch for letting me shoot that monster steroid-induced, supersized "USP" of yours. ;) That thing is a beast to say the least.

Chris, as always, you are definitely the "kid" with the coolest "toys" in school! Thanks for being such a nice guy about letting such a large group experience the joy of Title II unfettered, pure, unadulterated, awesomeness! ;) Man, I need me a Mac11.....and an Mp5.....and a.............. ;) Videos really don't do those bullet hoses justice.

Thanks to all the guys at Shiloh, for helping organize such a great event! It is always a joy shooting there. I only wish I lived closer so I could waste more money there more often. ;)

To all those I met, very nice to meet you all. It's nice to put faces to the screennames. However I have already forgot most of the names. I'm thinking the prodigious amounts of spent gunpowder being sucked up my nose are possibly affecting my memory. I should get that looked at. Or possibly I can counter those effects with more burnt gunpowder, and more often so as to build up an increased tolerance in my immune system. Hmmmmm I may be on to something here....... j/k

Top Bottom