• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    a neighbor asked me to find his wife a used Glock 19 or 26. I jumped on Gunbroker, Cheaper than dirt a few others etc to find new pricing. I then went and checked TG trader and laughed at some of the prices sellers were looking to get. Yeah Yeah i know and am also a firm believer in Capitalism. But these guys will not be selling those guns any time soon at those prices!! most were around 500$ and One guy in Frisco wanted 600$ for a Glock 19 genIII with barrel ware!! they are 480-499$ BRAND NEW at a few places. I told my buddy i'd keep my eyes open for a used one at a normal used price.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    Yeah. Some are posting to start the conversation because every ad gets a lowball response.

Some people overprice their "upgrades". Sorry, that doesn't work.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    There are deals to be found there but many people are trying to get all of their investment back also. All you can do is make them a reasonable offer. When you sell something you have to leave a little room to negotiate. Some people start high and won't deal and they usually get to keep their stuff. All you can do is make an offer and walk if it doesn't work out.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    when you get people asking to trade you an xbox, a piece of gum and a baseball card or the guy that wants to pay 20% of current market then you have to inflate a tad to keep them from asking. ill admit ive let things go for 50% off or better to repeat customers.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Skeeter, how many guns have you sold at a bargain price? Or the last time you offered somebody more than they asked?

Anybody selling anything is going to start with the highest price they think they might get and work down from there.

If you don't like their price you can 1) offer less, or 2) walk away.

Dreamliner787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Houston
    Deals or even "fair asking" prices on TGT are few and far in between and usually get snapped up as quickly as it's posted. It's buyer beware all around with this TGT. Is the seller trust worthy (one thing about gunbroker there is a feedback/rating system), this site doesn't have that? Is the gun in actual shape/condition that the seller claim it is or are you just buying someone else's trouble. When the savings are small compared to getting something brand new, just get the new and save yourself the hassel and headache. Just be careful and be safe with buying from this site. IMO.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Skeeter, how many guns have you sold at a bargain price? Or the last time you offered somebody more than they asked?

Anybody selling anything is going to start with the highest price they think they might get and work down from there.

If you don't like their price you can 1) offer less, or 2) walk away.
    First off I and most here know how to price a "Used Gun" to sell. Also it made me LMAO to see someone trying to get 100$ more than a "Used Gun" was worth brand new. Yuppers 100$ more than the cost of new sure is starting with the "Highest Price'!! and lastly i did walk away and made this thread.....

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Skeeter, have you checked Bud's Gun Shop yet? G23s are $499 new with no taxes and probably have free shipping. Just a thought. GTs in Dallas and Austin usually have the police trade-ins at a decent price. Friend of mine in DFW bought a G22 Gen. III trade-in at GTs a couple of weeks ago for about $350 out the door with three mags and the damn thing looks almost new!

mww70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    plano
    Yeah, some are charging $50-$100 over what you can get them for new....then they get mad at you for making a reasonable offer. There are some pretty good deals on there, just have to look for them and figure out the right people to deal with.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I guess y'all missed the used Springfield XDS that was selling for $850, or the used M&P Shield for $700.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Deals or even "fair asking" prices on TGT are few and far in between and usually get snapped up as quickly as it's posted. It's buyer beware all around with this TGT. Is the seller trust worthy (one thing about gunbroker there is a feedback/rating system), this site doesn't have that? Is the gun in actual shape/condition that the seller claim it is or are you just buying someone else's trouble. When the savings are small compared to getting something brand new, just get the new and save yourself the hassel and headache. Just be careful and be safe with buying from this site. IMO.

Are you talking about TGtalk or TGTrader????

As for TGTalk,

Ive sold/mailed stuff without payment in hand. My payment was placed in the mail the same day. Everybody I have ever asked for detailed pics of anything, usually gives me more then I needed. Feedback is right under post count.....notice your, "1(100%)".

Buyer beware? Thats everywhere. But id buy from someone on here before I'd ever buy off of gun trader.

People sometimes think that joining a site is just to bullshit around threads. OH NO....it opens the door to alot of good people. Willing to sell something at a damn good price to another member. . To include the back of the safe stuff that tends to switch hands in private deals. Collector stuff that you want to have a good home. I tend to cut my prices to shit for Talk members. It's not craigslist price around here. Plus the freebee's. I have three flash hiders that a good member mailed to me on his dime. I know I can ask a few people for a part I need and it will be in the mail. The same with them, all they have to do is ask.

Texas Gun trader ain't got shit on this site.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I got so lucky today. I bought a Ruger 10/22 at a pawnshop for $62.37 out the door. It is ruff to say the least surface rust all over. Probably hasn't been cleaned since it was bought new back in the early 80's. I've been scrubbing for 2hoirs now on it and it is starting to get there. Every part had gun powder residue cake on it. It's going to turn out well though in the end I can see it coming out looking good. Couple more hours and ill have it back together and she will be ready to rock and roll!! As far as TGTrader deals do come up up but you have to be ready to jump. Look at this Springfield 1911 for $450. I just missed it this morning. Killeen : Springfield Armory PX9154LP 1911 Loaded 45 ACP 5" : Pistols

Top Bottom