• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Um, that's obviously a scam. The seller just registered today and is selling it for 1/2 the market value? SCAM

LOL.... surely not from Killeen. Killeen is full of the nicest, most honest folks I have ever met. No gangs, no drugs, no army drop outs. Good people. I'm sure that has to be a mistake. Killeen is the place to be. Nobody gets shot either. Traffic is wonderful. And the new army privates are all smart as a whip!
    Target Sports

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Um, that's obviously a scam. The seller just registered today and is selling it for 1/2 the market value? SCAM
    Maybe maybe not. Someone bought it apparently and the guy I talked to seemed nice enough. Just needed some money. I didn't get to look at it but I don't think it was a scam. He wasn't asking for money upfront. Just a FTF transaction.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Maybe maybe not. Someone bought it apparently and the guy I talked to seemed nice enough. Just needed some money. I didn't get to look at it but I don't think it was a scam. He wasn't asking for money upfront. Just a FTF transaction.

Well, if you were only down for a FTF, then I guess you can't get scammed. But I think he could sell it for $700 within 24 hours. Unless he needed the $450 within 24 minutes.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

Killeen is also the pawn shop capital of Texas. Soldiers need money at the end of the month. Or their spouse does. So if you can catch them before a pawnshop rapes them....you can get a hell of a deal. A pawn prolly offered him $250 for the pistol.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Killeen is also the pawn shop capital of Texas. Soldiers need money at the end of the month. Or their spouse does. So if you can catch them before a pawnshop rapes them....you can get a hell of a deal. A pawn prolly offered him $250 for the pistol.
    Probably did. I've seen soldiers buy AR's for a thousand plus here and then months later see the exact one back in the pawnshops. They spend their money on impulse during payday and before the next one comes have to pawn their toys. I see it all the time.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    Gotta start somewhere for an asking price and no matter what it is someone is going either to lowball you or offer some dumb shit for a trade. As for Glocks theres plenty of them on there in the $400-$450 range with extra mags and holsters. Expand your search area to more than 20 miles and you may find what your looking for.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I've never posted there before, but I've bought from there.

I'm reluctant, but I'm debating on trying to sell my CM9 on there. I assume my common sense is more than enough to protect me from scammers.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I've never posted there before, but I've bought from there.

I'm reluctant, but I'm debating on trying to sell my CM9 on there. I assume my common sense is more than enough to protect me from scammers.

FTF for cash is the way to go. Ship only after their payment clears.

Scammers are everywhere. Have you been burned yet? If yes then you learned a lesson. If no then you are probably alright.

And ofcourse, if it seems to good to be true then it probably is.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I'd probably only do FTF. I may go ahead and get it posted up.

And no I've never been scammed yet, because I use my common sense.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    There's the answer.

No it's not, it's a bunch of people profiting off the paranoia of idiots. It was bad before, and now it's gotten worse.

It's rare-to-near-impossible to find a decent deal on Texas Gun Trader anymore, wish it was back to the old days where it was worth looking at the ads...

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I've sold two handguns on TGT. Both of them I straight up offered a fair price and both of them sold quickly for the asking price without negotiation. It's not rocket science but I guess some of these sellers have some strange pricing formula in their heads. Another time, I responded to an ad asking $1300 for an H&K P7 and I talked it down to the $700 fair market value of it and bought it. Dude thought he had some priceless relic or a P7M8 or 13.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I've sold many guns through TGTrader and they always sold in the first few hours. I price my stuff very competitively.

I'm on there quite a bit because I do find good deals every now and then. The key is to checking often so that you can jump on the good deals before anyone else.

Top Bottom