• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScPiper9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2022
    Boerne, TX
    Ok, I have an opinion question for everyone. I have been looking over the last few weeks at texas gun trader's website, and is it just me or are there a lot of scam posts or just people wasting your time on there?
    Venture Surplus ad

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Both. and I got an irate response as soon as I challenged one. But I never got his 3 claimed responses. Probably legit and I should have verified he was a long time member. Just too suspicious. Trust and verify.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Ok, I have an opinion question for everyone. I have been looking over the last few weeks at texas gun trader's website, and is it just me or are there a lot of scam posts or just people wasting your time on there?

Lots of scam posts, and lots of scam replies. I've had a bunch of replies from different email addresses that always start with the exact same questions, verbatim. Then its always "I am an FFL in Melbourne FL, I'll pay for shipping..." - noooooooooope.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The owner of that site has never given a phuck even years ago when the scammers weren't that prevalent. You would see a couple and text them and even provide where they stole ads and pics from and rarely would they can the ad. You would even see the same repeat scammer re posting new scams.

So I havnt bought or sold but 1 thing there in 5 or 6 years.

It's not worth my time.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    The owner of that site has never given a phuck even years ago when the scammers weren't that prevalent. You would see a couple and text them and even provide where they stole ads and pics from and rarely would they can the ad. You would even see the same repeat scammer re posting new scams.

So I havnt bought or sold but 1 thing there in 5 or 6 years.

It's not worth my time.

I don't think there's even a "report this" button anymore - I looked after getting a bunch of identical responses. They just don't care. Scammers inflate traffic numbers.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I don't think there's even a "report this" button anymore - I looked after getting a bunch of identical responses. They just don't care. Scammers inflate traffic numbers.
    You have to log in to report a scam but the site owners don't do anything.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Beside gunbroker is there anywhere else to post where moderators and admins actively try cut down on scams?
    Here on this forum once you get the required number of posts and follow the rules of the Classified section.

Riksors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2019
    Georgetown
    I sold and bought at Texas Gun Trader.

There are some things that I look out for.

Sellers Membership Date that’s a couple days old
    Location is Out of state
    Price - if it’s too good to be true, then it probably is

If I see any of the above, then it’s most likely a spammer, (selling your phone number)or a scammer. I’ve met some like minded people over there.

Top Bottom