• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScPiper9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2022
    Boerne, TX
    I sold and bought at Texas Gun Trader.

There are some things that I look out for.

Sellers Membership Date - A couple days old
    Location - Out of state
    Price - if it’s too good to be true, then it probably is

If I see any of the above, then it’s most likely a spammer, (selling your phone number)or a scammer. I’ve met some like minded people over there.
    I mean my membership is only a few days old there but that's because I didn't even know they were a thing. Stumbled upon it by a Google search lol same here

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    As said before there are scammers everywhere. Even show up here. If you can't tell by reading the ad or emails or talking then you probably should stay away. As good or bad as it is it still works with a little effort and reaches a large audience. As you know there are few things like this around. Sure the owner could do something but why wait when you can do it yourself. Just bought a nice Ruger SP101 .22lr last weekend for an excellent price. No issues at all.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    25 posts hereon took me 3 days. still haven't advertised. too much fun posting kool stuff, probably go back to guntrader when I get tired of dusting stuff. can't be worse than craigslist.

lastnline75

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    US
    Its a real shame Southeasttexas.com took down all firearm related classifieds last week. Bought quite a few off there and sold a few to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Trying for a post count maybe complaining about the other. It isn't like there aren't threads already about this and current too. If you don't like the site then don't go there. Use something else. The web is known for hackers, shysters and crooks. Choose carefully what you do out there. This isn't Mr. Rogers neighborhood. But you can still get the job done buying or selling with some discretion.

Last edited:

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    Ok, I have an opinion question for everyone. I have been looking over the last few weeks at texas gun trader's website, and is it just me or are there a lot of scam posts or just people wasting your time on there?
    Ok. The fact is there is a topic on this forum with dozens of pages of opinions on this exact topic. More annoying than the scammers are the idiots that spend all day making posts pointing out the scammers. I'd ban hammer those dingleberries first.

Surplus Guy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Hood County
    I have been lucky with selling on the site. I give them a good narrative, a number of photos and a reasonable price. Ignore the idiots who can't ask an intelligent question or have no clue on value. They have to be local , serious, and speak to me on the phone before the sale. My phone number isn't given up front and that requires buyers to identify themselves online with Tex Gun Trader and weeds out anyone who just wants to text. I do not buy through the Tex Gun Trader, however.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    It's the 25 posts that are going to take me a while. Lol although im sure I can come up with some goofy gun topics
    Please don't waste our time with goofy gun topics.
    The 25 posts must be "quality" posts - if that's too difficult for you then just pay the minimal cost to be a TGT Supporter and start selling immediately.

Surplus Guy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Hood County
    Why not? I have had some good deals locally.
    I can only buy one when I sell one first. I get antsy after making up my mind to buy. After the sale there does not appear to be what I want on the TGT site or it is priced too high. Frankly I spend more time selling a pistol than buying one.

Outrider

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2022
    Elmo, Texas
    The only place I have yet to find a scammer is on THF. I doubt there are any here either. TGT is fine as long as you are smart about your trade, buy or sale meeting. You can read the jackasses at the door with their first sentence or two. I toy with them for fun sometimes.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    .. I doubt there are any here either...

We’ve had a few. It helps that our classifieds are really just a sideshow AND most everyone that’s active is only a degree or two away from everybody else.

The last big scam was shutdown within a couple of hours, but a some members were affected. We tried to make it as right as we could with them.

I’ll just say if you came here thinking this a transactional and not relational site, sales may he slow for you. It’s also rare, but some buyers are turned away, too.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    We’ve had a few. It helps that our classifieds are really just a sideshow AND most everyone that’s active is only a degree or two away from everybody else.

The last big scam was shutdown within a couple of hours, but a some members were affected. We tried to make it as right as we could with them.

I’ll just say if you came here thinking this a transactional and not relational site, sales may he slow for you. It’s also rare, but some buyers are turned away, too.
    I have to agree with @toddnjoyce on this. Honestly, because of the way TGT is structured, that they encourage and promote lots of personal interaction among the members, it makes it much different than other forums. I'd probably do more selling or buying here than any other site.

I also like that TGT is a forum with a classifieds, rather than a classifieds with a forum.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Ok, I have an opinion question for everyone. I have been looking over the last few weeks at texas gun trader's website, and is it just me or are there a lot of scam posts or just people wasting your time on there?
    I sold something there last month and didn't even have to deal with the usual time wasters.

I ignore anything that isn't a face to face cash deal, so that automatically eliminates the majority of the scams.

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    The funniest thing is the scammers that list things on there for $0, to let you sort them first when looking for lowest price.

TGTrader should have put an end to that crap a long time ago, and I don't know why they don't already!

My wife actually found her .50 Action Express DEAGLE on TGTrader.
    Smooth transaction, but it was a physicall transaction, at his house...

.50 AE Ported DEAGLE, unfired... not bad while the panic was still in effect.
    We DID have to buy the ammo on the Internet though, as LGS ammo shelves were still pretty-bare earlier this year...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom