• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kotetu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Houston
    This is right. Be cordial, respectful, and cooperative - also engage the officer in friendly communication. He or she may be - and most likely is - a 2A ally. (According to my cousin in the SDSD.)

Flame suit on...

what will I do should I choose to OC. Expect that an officer will ask because he will. I will show him my ID. I will voice my opinion during the next session to get change made. I will avoid being the ginnie pig for the next couple of years in hopes that next session yields a positive response or some ginnie pig gets all tied up in the system for a while until it gets sorted out that way for us.

Do Ilike it? Hell no.... doesn't mean I won't be cordial to any officer that decides he wants to ask.

and for any Grammer or spelling police. Lol who car3z. Lol
    Capitol Armory ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2015
    Houston Texas
    IF YOU ARE APPROACHED by a police officer, do not put up a defense ( as have other carry groups have suggested ) and begin reciting the law, pulling out your iPhone, etc. Simply show your License to Carry ( LTC ) ID to the officer, be *extremely courteous*, answer all his questions. Based upon what we've heard from local LE - many are clueless about both HB910 ( License to Carry ) and SB22 ( Campus Carry ). Like other states, it will take some time for OC to get a good, viable start in Texas and shake out the initial issues, quirks and problems.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    IF YOU ARE APPROACHED by a police officer, do not put up a defense ( as have other carry groups have suggested ) and begin reciting the law, pulling out your iPhone, etc. Simply show your License to Carry ( LTC ) ID to the officer, be *extremely courteous*, answer all his questions. Based upon what we've heard from local LE - many are clueless about both HB910 ( License to Carry ) and SB22 ( Campus Carry ). Like other states, it will take some time for OC to get a good, viable start in Texas and shake out the initial issues, quirks and problems.

And then, afterwards, file the complaint with the PD, cc'ing the City/County attorney, and your Texas legislative reps/senators as appropriate. Be polite and concise and question the reasonable suspicion/probable cause (BOTH) for the stop. Re-affirm that you expect to not be routinely detained for lawful exercise of a right and privilege afforded to you by state law, much like routinely stopping drivers to check for DL's or routinely stopping people talking on the street to determine if they're saying anything illegal.

Top Bottom