• ...and so much more!
  • MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Im not against secession. I actually think it would be a beautyful thing if multiple states were to joing together.
    The problem with the secession most people have been preeching over the past few years is the REASON for secession.
    I would rather throw the trash out of our government and sell California to Mexico.
    I find the recent topics for secession pretty damn stupid.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I doubt it. Mexico ain't what it was a hundred seventy years ago, and neither is Texas. Only about a hundred years ago, Texas was still frontier land. Back in the 1840s, Mexico was actually a nation ascendant and pretty powerful. They'd taken France and Spain on and won against each; that wasn't any small feat back then. Now, Mexico is just a big third world slum. Their police and military are easily bribed, their public officials are even more corrupt than ours (which is scary when you think about it), and it's hard to get anybody there to give a shit about their own fate.

No.. Mexico isn't really a threat.
    I think in a situation where MExico thought that it could take Texas back, it would be something to rally their 3rd world country around. I am not saying that Mexico is lying in wait, but eventually a dispute would break out and elevate itself to a crisis and Texas would have neither the manpower nor the money to take on a large, albeit poor country. So I see our (eventual) choices as bribe them to stay out or fight them to stay out.
    Either way this is but one of dozens of global issues Texas is very ill preparred to deal with.
    Seccesion was tried, it didnt work, it wont happen again.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I think in a situation where MExico thought that it could take Texas back, it would be something to rally their 3rd world country around. I am not saying that Mexico is lying in wait, but eventually a dispute would break out and elevate itself to a crisis and Texas would have neither the manpower nor the money to take on a large, albeit poor country. So I see our (eventual) choices as bribe them to stay out or fight them to stay out.
    Either way this is but one of dozens of global issues Texas is very ill preparred to deal with.
    Seccesion was tried, it didnt work, it wont happen again.

Oh, they absolutely are lying in wait. They've made small land-grabs in Texas before, their military and police cross the border at will, and they're going to do it again.

Texas is a sign of Mexico's national impotence and puts the lie to their form of government. They want Texas back. Bad.

suhsjake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    I hate to say it, but their isn't enough Guard or State Troops to defend the state of Texas if we cede. Not enough of us to go and defend all corners of the state.

Top Bottom