• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Far fetched splinter fringe groups of small numbers like this exist in every society. Even they know that they have exactly ZERO chance of ever making this happen. They just want the publicity it brings.

Let's just call it Alex Jones Syndrome

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Just curious why we have a lower population than California, but we have more folks on food stamps? I'm sure illegals play a huge roll, but would have thought the same for CA... Can someone explain?
    No need for secession to deal with this topic.
    All ya gotta do is cut the bumbs off! If a person is able to work, we got plenty of county's in Texas that need trash picked up. Lots of roads that need mowing. Lots of pothots to fill..ect......
    No State funding for the lazy worthless trash that thinks someone owe's them something!

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Just curious why we have a lower population than California, but we have more folks on food stamps? I'm sure illegals play a huge roll, but would have thought the same for CA... Can someone explain?

At the rate the Mexican immigrant population (both legal and illegal) is increasing in Texas, you may find yourselves looking a lot like California in the not too distant future as their voting block and/or influence perverts Texas's state politics. Sad, but likely true.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio

I am not sure but there are huge parts of Texas that have massive poverty levels. Rio Grande Valley comes to mind. Areas with whole towns on the Lone Star Card. I dont know if California has this problem.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Illegals coming across the border are taught that they can sign up for welfare as soon as they get here. Hell most cities have staff dedicated to doing only that. It's disgusting.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Illegals coming across the border are taught that they can sign up for welfare as soon as they get here. Hell most cities have staff dedicated to doing only that. It's disgusting.

And unless you guys in Texas do something about it, you're in deep caca. Demographics are a bitch once the immigrant population outnumbers classic Texans.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    And unless you guys in Texas do something about it, you're in deep caca. Demographics are a bitch once the immigrant population outnumbers classic Texans.
    thats why Texas just needs to THROW OUT all the Liberal Pollockticians and their mindless voters!! cause its ALWAYS a Lib or some P.C. M-F'er Defending the Illegal Aliens rite to be here and suck this country dry!! thus Crazifornia was ruined and Texas to follow if something doesnt change here.......

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

CA has a higher median income, but with it comes a much higher cost of living. The poverty line there is effectively higher, but that isn't taken into account by the feds. CA has its own welfare system...

ToddP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    White Settlement TX
    Texas has the right to suceed, and we can keep our income taxes that go to Omammy's slush fund, the United states goverment has nothing to offer us and true patriots are going to finally take control of the great state of Texas back from the traitors.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Texas has the right to suceed, and we can keep our income taxes that go to Omammy's slush fund, the United states goverment has nothing to offer us and true patriots are going to finally take control of the great state of Texas back from the traitors.

That's a pipedream. It's also incorrect on several levels.

Texas does not retain the right to secede. It's a myth. Believe me, there have been many times that I wish it was true... but it's not.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Texas not only can secede, Texas should secede! There is no advantage to Texas to remain in the Union, the advantage is only to the Union. Some of y'all sound like damn Yankees that need Texas Citizenship courses!

Eli

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Texas not only can secede, Texas should secede! There is no advantage to Texas to remain in the Union, the advantage is only to the Union. Some of y'all sound like damn Yankees that need Texas Citizenship courses!

Eli
    Nothing in writing says Texas has the right to secede. It's an old wive's tale. I'm not saying we should not... just that it's not true that we have the option.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Not checking my references, just "shooting from the hip" here:
    But if I remember correctly, we DID have the right to secede when we joined the Union back in the 1840's, but after the Civil War, we gave up that right as a condition for rejoining the rest of the United States.
    It's a nice dream that we could secede and be self sufficient and better off with "all our own rules for all our own people", but reality is so much different!
    zembonez called it a pipedream. I think that's the most accurate one word description we could have come up with on this.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    for all of you who bring up the illegal immigration argument.....just think, if Texas secedes, we'd have illegals coming across 2 rivers.... :D

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The first time Texas and Mexico got crossways Texas would be looking for cover behind the military might of the U.S.....we have already done this once.

I doubt it. Mexico ain't what it was a hundred seventy years ago, and neither is Texas. Only about a hundred years ago, Texas was still frontier land. Back in the 1840s, Mexico was actually a nation ascendant and pretty powerful. They'd taken France and Spain on and won against each; that wasn't any small feat back then. Now, Mexico is just a big third world slum. Their police and military are easily bribed, their public officials are even more corrupt than ours (which is scary when you think about it), and it's hard to get anybody there to give a shit about their own fate.

No.. Mexico isn't really a threat.

Top Bottom