• ...and so much more!
  • RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    From a local LEO, gun friendly

The store owner or representative would legally be able to ask you to produce a license simply based on his first amendment rights, he could also ask you what your favorite color is or if you'd be willing to show him what sort of wallet you carry, however like FA1 you wouldn't be legally required to answer them.

As for asking you to leave, well that would fall under trespassing laws. If you get asked to leave a business or really any private property that you do not own or have permission to be on from the owner then you must leave. Exclusions would be getting kicked out because of your race, ethnicity, religion etc. Other than those types of situations an owner may look at your shoes, decide no Nikes allowed and then promptly ask you to leave

sent from the batcloset in the batcave on the batphone

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Walmart doesn't have that policy. Maybe that store does though. I see people in the one I work at everyday and none that have been asked yet.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    From a local LEO, gun friendly

The store owner or representative would legally be able to ask you to produce a license simply based on his first amendment rights, he could also ask you what your favorite color is or if you'd be willing to show him what sort of wallet you carry, however like FA1 you wouldn't be legally required to answer them.

As for asking you to leave, well that would fall under trespassing laws. If you get asked to leave a business or really any private property that you do not own or have permission to be on from the owner then you must leave. Exclusions would be getting kicked out because of your race, ethnicity, religion etc. Other than those types of situations an owner may look at your shoes, decide no Nikes allowed and then promptly ask you to leave

sent from the batcloset in the batcave on the batphone

We all know that. Not really the pint though.

If you KNOW it's their policy at the store, and I'm sure an OCT member would, and you decide to OC there anyways, of course an OCT member would, you shouldn't raise hell when they ask, but an OCT member will. And in the process, make us all look bad.

Sent from my HAL 9000

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    You need a firearm shopping there. There are some scary people that shop there. Go in the middle of the night and look around.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    It's simple, if Walmart doesn't want people to OC there, then they need to post a 30.07 sign or have someone who is the owner of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner give oral or written notice of the policy prohibiting the open carry of handguns on the property.

They can ask all they want, but there is no legal requirement for anyone to show them a CHL/LTC.

Walmart can play their games, and OCT will play theirs.

To sum up, I think both sides of this argument are wrong. Walmart for their policy of asking to see CHLs/LTCs, and OCT for arguing with them about it. Unfortunately, in this case I think OCT is more in the right than Walmart although I still disagree with their antics.

Cheers! M2

But what keeps Walmart from asking? Sure you don't have to show your ID but they can ask if they want. And if you don't want to show they can certainly and 100% legal tell you to GTFO.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Look, it is pretty easy to understand. OCT looks for drama. From the top down. Their members feel that if they are not gargling CJ's balls directly, then they need to go out and vicariously do so by creating a scene. I was really hoping that they would ease up on their shenanigans, but sadly, it looks like they will not be happy until every business in Texas is posted with a 30.07 sign.

Fragman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    Houston
    Look, it is pretty easy to understand. .......Their members feel that if they are not gargling CJ's balls directly.......

Oh my! Thanks for the mental image I'm not going to be able to shed for a while!

If I'm just drifting off to sleep tonight and that pops into my head, I am not gonna be a happy camper.

But funny as hell though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    When I go to Walmart I walk in there wearing my hillbilly belt buckle.

Like this?

e494b579b248f2c94b7d49a1bc903f83.jpg

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Oh my! Thanks for the mental image I'm not going to be able to shed for a while!

If I'm just drifting off to sleep tonight and that pops into my head, I am not gonna be a happy camper.

But funny as hell though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol, my apologies for any unpleasant dreams. I am , however, honored that you would use one of your 3 posts per year to quote me! ;)

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I would have given him 30.06/07 and told him to GTFO.

No WalMart for you, come back one year.
    Exactly. This is not an issue and for him to throw a hissy is just being a big baby. A big, armed baby. Thats their corporate policy. If you don't like it don't go to Walmart.
    Or inform them you disagree with their policy and will no longer be spending money at Walmart.
    Here is adult behavior.

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm not a huge fan of OCT myself, but how do we know this guy is with them? I just went looking on their fb page and can't find this video or any talk about it. You can go on youtube and find videos of people all over the country recording their interactions with police regarding them carrying a gun. I'm just saying not every interaction video is OCT. It could be a different group or just some individual.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I'm not a huge fan of OCT myself, but how do we know this guy is with them? I just went looking on their fb page and can't find this video or any talk about it. You can go on youtube and find videos of people all over the country recording their interactions with police regarding them carrying a gun. I'm just saying not every interaction video is OCT. It could be a different group or just some individual.
    In a video released by Open Carry Texas last week, a man who was openly carrying a handgun at a Walmart in Devine, Texas, is asked by a store employee to present his handgun license and the man caught it all on his camera phone.

The first sentence in the story.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Ohh, I missed that. Dammit! They need to knock that shit off. I was of the opinion that both sides were wrong here, but OCT goes around starting shit way too often to have any innocence anymore.

Top Bottom