• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Good on Helotes Police Chief Hunley for approaching this individual when he saw him armed at the fairgrounds, but did it really take that much to convince he that he wasn't legit?!?

Cheers! M2

Texas Ranger Impersonator Back in Jail
    by KENS 5 Staff
    kens5.com
    Posted on October 5, 2011

SAN ANTONIO -- A man accused of pretending to be enforce the law officer is back behind bars in Bexar County.

Authorities say 60-year-old Greg Davis claimed he was Texas Ranger and even had business cards that said "the republic State of Texas". It was the small 'r' in 'republic' that tipped off Helotes police that Greg Davis might not be legit.

According to the arrest warrant, last July Davis went into the Helotes fairgrounds wearing a badge and a sidearm. Accordingly, the man told a woman working at the fair that he was working security. That allowed him to skip paying $15 entry fee.

Helotes chief of police, Rob Hunley noticed Davis dressed in western style clothing, a cowboy hat and sporting a badge that looked identical to the Texas Ranger badge. At his side was a distinctive Colt Model 1911 handgun.

Hunley struck up a conversation with Davis, who, according to the chief, identified himself as a Texas Ranger. At one point Hunley was told that the suspect was actually the director of Rangers, with the official title of "Col. Davis."

Hunley said the odd business card also had a state seal that was similar to the official Texas state seal, but not exactly. Hunley also said the email listed on the card was not a governmental address.

The chief thought the story Davis dished didn't quite add up.

He made some inquiries and sent in a couple of other Helotes officers to speak to Davis. Possibly the suspect sensed something was amiss. He left the fairgrounds, and his vehicle at an area Bill Miller's Bar-B-Q.

Officers pieced together the clues and arrested Davis.

He was charged with two felony counts: One for impersonating a peace officer, and the other for unlawfully carrying a weapon where alcohol is being served.

Davis was released on bond, but was re-arrested Tuesday because his bond had been increased to $50,000 for each of the charges.

He remains in Bexar Co. Jail
    Lynx Defense

atticus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    West Texas
    In my view the crime of impersonating a law enforcement officer is one of the most serious offenses on the books. I can arm myself and my wife. I shudder to think how I would handle a night time encounter out on a highway with a scumbag criminal pulling me over with flashing lights and a powerful flashlight in his hands. Such crimes should be highly publicized and punished to the max. Ordered society falls apart with such crimes. And a person's ability to defend himself suffers, making it much more dangerous for legitimate law enforcement officers and the public alike.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    ^^^^^ tru that any leos postion is to be respected. The Tx rangers
    Are a awesome bunch this guy should spend a long time in prison

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    crazy story, lots of impersonators of leo and military lately. it was somewhat hard to follow the story though. the journalist should be guilty of horrible editing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Here's the genius...

Smith.jpg

Gregory Brent Davis, 60, was arrested and charged with impersonating a peace officer and unlawfully carrying a weapon

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    In my view the crime of impersonating a law enforcement officer is one of the most serious offenses on the books. I can arm myself and my wife. I shudder to think how I would handle a night time encounter out on a highway with a scumbag criminal pulling me over with flashing lights and a powerful flashlight in his hands. Such crimes should be highly publicized and punished to the max. Ordered society falls apart with such crimes. And a person's ability to defend himself suffers, making it much more dangerous for legitimate law enforcement officers and the public alike.

I agree +1

Top Bottom