• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Waited a couple of hours for a jump start after calling triple A. No big deal, my car was parked in front of my apartment, not like I was stuck on the road. Then had to catch my dog who ran out my front door when I went out to meet the guys in the wrecker who came by to jump start my car. Well, once they were done & gone, I chased the bitch down. I got her in my car, then decided to go for a ride to make sure the battery boost held. We drove to the AR side of Texarkana and stopped at the liquor & bier gettin place - Chubby Cheeks (best place around for liquid refreshments). I picked up 8 Erdinger weisse biers and am on my second one now or is it my third. Nope, definitely it is my 2nd one. Have not had a beer in weeks due to my diet. Certainly have been enjoying these. May have to have one more before I hit the sack; then again more for later if I don't have it now.

Listening to the Kinks right now. This:

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Saturday nights are pretty laid back around our little community. Usually attend church, then home for some supper. After that, weather permitting light up the citronella candles to ward off the skeeters and sit on the front porch swing or rockers. Me with a bourbon and coke, wife with a glass of wine and watch the sun go down. Down the road is a small local bar that from time to time has a local band and we can hear the music clearly from that front porch. If no music is available I break out the cell phone and choose the XM music of our liking. Some times she and I will do a little dancing on the porch, cheek to cheek.
    We are finishing a barndominium on our farm, that sits on top of a hill. We can clearly see 20-30 miles in each direction and the front and rear porches face east and west, so we will see beautiful sunrises and sunsets. We already have a yard swing, but plan on getting a porch swing for both sides of the barndominium. Started building a fire pit off the back porch for some grilling and chilling. love it when the whole family with grandkiddos are out there.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Saturday nights are pretty laid back around our little community. Usually attend church, then home for some supper. After that, weather permitting light up the citronella candles to ward off the skeeters and sit on the front porch swing or rockers. Me with a bourbon and coke, wife with a glass of wine and watch the sun go down. Down the road is a small local bar that from time to time has a local band and we can hear the music clearly from that front porch. If no music is available I break out the cell phone and choose the XM music of our liking. Some times she and I will do a little dancing on the porch, cheek to cheek.
    We are finishing a barndominium on our farm, that sits on top of a hill. We can clearly see 20-30 miles in each direction and the front and rear porches face east and west, so we will see beautiful sunrises and sunsets. We already have a yard swing, but plan on getting a porch swing for both sides of the barndominium. Started building a fire pit off the back porch for some grilling and chilling. love it when the whole family with grandkiddos are out there.
    Sounds nice. The wife and I do about the same on the back deck. We're on the top a hill that is a couple of hundred feet above the Guadalupe River (which about 1600 ft. above sea level) in Kerrville.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Sounds nice. The wife and I do about the same on the back deck. We're on the top a hill that is a couple of hundred feet above the Guadalupe River (which about 1600 ft. above sea level) in Kerrville.
    That would be really nice...I agree. We can see all kinds of hill country, several small surround towns and even I-10, which at night is really cool seeing the headlights/taillights running east to west. I would love to have a river or lake to oversee from our place. The closest I have to that is our stock pond used for watering the cattle. I have seen deer, hogs and an occasional coyote at the tank. We have a north to south railroad, about 5 miles to our west, that makes for some interesting train horn sounds from time to time.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom