• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I vote No for every school bond election we have. High schoolers don't need a 70 Million dollar stadium. Or pay a superintendent 750K to quit.

First and foremost, again bonds don't pay for salaries.

Secondly, not sure which "70 million dollar stadium" you are referring to; but in some instances a stadium of that size is built to support several schools.

But my question to you is, do you actually research bond proposals to see what they address, or do you simply vote against them outright?
    Gun Zone Deals

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    As for Katy ISD paying Lance Hindt $750K, it was to terminate (technically "amended") his contract early as he was accused by one person of a single instance of bullying in junior high school decades prior.

Seriously, if the Katy ISD school board is so stupid to dismiss a superintendent for such reasons, they deserve to pay for it!

Even the accuser was against his resignation.

The entire situation is simply ludicrous!

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/...Lance-Hindt-resigns-top-job-will-12909885.php

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Sounds like the real bullies are the people attacking him over one unproven allegation.
    And seriously, to hold that grudge against someone for a one time incident that happened as teenagers for 30-40 years????
    Someone needs some serious therapy.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Upper level admin has been bloating more and more for 30 years.. the district I left two years ago just "promoted" (forced her out) my former principal into a job called "emotional well being coordinator" It's not a counseling related position at all.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    First and foremost, again bonds don't pay for salaries.

Secondly, not sure which "70 million dollar stadium" you are referring to; but in some instances a stadium of that size is built to support several schools.

But my question to you is, do you actually research bond proposals to see what they address, or do you simply vote against them outright?

I don't care if four or more HS's share the stadium. No district should spend anywhere near $70M (think McKinney, Katy, others) for a stadium.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    As for Katy ISD paying Lance Hindt $750K, it was to terminate (technically "amended") his contract early as he was accused by one person of a single instance of bullying in junior high school decades prior.

Seriously, if the Katy ISD school board is so stupid to dismiss a superintendent for such reasons, they deserve to pay for it!

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/...Lance-Hindt-resigns-top-job-will-12909885.php
    Sr Admins at school districts across the US get fired all the time and everyone walk out the door with $100's or even $Millions in the pockets.

Mrs Jones, meet me Saturday at Applebees for lunch, need to talk with you on something.

Yes Sir Mr Super

Mrs Jones Have 7 years left on my contract, that pays me $450k plus a guaranteed bonus of $100k. Here is the deal. I have lined up another gig that pays men $750 a year, but if I quit I do not get a contract buy out what would be almost $4M...but if I get fired I do. I will give you and your husband $250k if you tell the Board that I have made sexual advances towards you, I get fired, I cash in, you and hubby cash in!

Ok, I will let my hubby in on it and THANK YOU!

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX

The fact is he resigned and was not terminated. I think he should have stayed, most of the school board and people in the district was on his side. I am very familiar with it and the bond issues in my school district. all have them have been bloated and they will eventually come due. Yes you can say they don't pay salaries but then they will shift money from taxes to salaries that might have been for something else.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    What does a Super do??? Generally not much, he manages the vast staff of admins that is not really needed, few have any real work. The CTO of my local ISD makes $100k base, works 185 days a year and all she does is staff work, like telling someone who works for her to fix a computer...at the most.

IF I were KING: There would be a "Texas Super of Schools" working out of Austin, their job to set the standards (objectives, goals and results) for all the schools in Texas. Each ISD would have a Manager that handles the general admin functions like transportation services and any other services that all schools use, food service etc. Pay would be in most cases in the mid to high 5 figures with pay based upon the NUMBER of schools in the district!

In many counties across Texas over half the retirees, retire at more money per paycheck than they ever made on the job, often as much as 150% more than their pay!

END ALL UNIONS IN PUBLIC SERVICE!!!

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    ........... In many counties across Texas over half the retirees, retire at more money per paycheck than they ever made on the job, often as much as 150% more than their pay!

END ALL UNIONS IN PUBLIC SERVICE!!!

Not accurate. Where do you get your numbers?
    Now, if you're talking about just superintendents only, I could probably agree. But "half the retirees," not a chance.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Now, if you're talking about just superintendents only, I could probably agree. But "half the retirees," not a chance.
    I was thinking the same but chose not to comment. Any retirement system that pays out more in retirement than when you were working isn't sustainable. Eventually that pension will fail.

Most teachers are under the state Teacher Retirement System. You can go to the website and see what the current monthly annuity calculation is. And not all teachers are under the same TRS plan, it totally depends on when you started teaching. When it comes to discussing any public employee here the you better get your boots on because it gets thick.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    This is a problem not just in Texas, but across the US, the public sector:

Overall, total compensation for federal workers was 17 percent higher, on average, than for comparable workers in the private sector during 2011-2015, CBO found. It was 16 percent higher for the period of 2005-2010, the budget office found in its earlier study.

The cost of providing benefits for federal civilian workers from 2011-2015 was estimated to be 47 percent higher on average than for comparable private sector employees. https://www.govexec.com/pay-benefit...ompensation-gap-has-widened-cbo-finds/137324/

Compensation is the public sector which in large cities and counties is generally unionized is structured to favor post retirement income. Many across the US get their retirement based upon "highest 3" or "highest 5" year average and in the good ole boy and girl network suddenly you find you last 3/5 years requires a LOT of overtime. Public often retires at 20/30 years with 50/75 ++ % of average annual pay. Pump that up with overtime and suddenly that $75k a year job retires you at $100k++.

"
    Effective January 1, 2005, upon separation from service with the City, your average monthly salary for purposes of your retirement pension benefit will be your average monthly salary as of the later of January 1, 2005 or DROP Entry Date. The average monthly salary times the benefit percentage determined as of the earlier of your last day of credited service or DROP Election Date will be your final retirement pension benefit. Your initial retirement pension will be your final retirement pension benefit plus any cost of living adjustments (COLAs) you received while participating in DROP. COLAs attributable to periods after retirement will be based on your final retirement pension benefit.

If you die while employed and your DROP election is not revoked, the survivor benefit payable to your eligible survivor(s) will be computed as a percentage of the monthly ordinary disability pension that you would have been eligible to receive had you become disabled the day before" http://www.hmeps.org/assets/drop_overview.pdf

Pension costs are out of control in the US. City, County and State workers are retiring to millionaire lifestyle!!!

Pension Fund Problems Worsen in 43 States
    By Laurie Meisler
    Published: June 30, 2017 | Updated: August 29, 2017

The news continues to worsen for America’s public pensions and for the people who depend on them. The median funding ratio—the percentage of assets states have available for future payments to retirees—declined to 71.1 percent in 2016, from 74.5 percent in 2015 and 75.6 percent in 2014. Only six states and the District of Columbia have narrowed their funding gaps; New York did best, going from 90.6 percent to 94.5 percent. D.C. is now overfunded.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-state-pension-funding-ratios/

PENSION FUNDING: CITY RANKINGS

PENSION FUNDING RESULTS
    • For the 43 cities for which we have data, the mean unfunded liability per capita is $1,730. The best performance was in Washington D.C., where public employee pensions are overfunded at the level of $298 per resident. The worst performance was in New York City, where pensions were underfunded in the amount of $8,801 per resident. Besides Washington, D.C., Fresno, CA is the only other city with a fully funded pension liability. It is overfunded by $126 per resident.
    https://govrank.org/research/researchText/61

Disability pension is tax free, in the case above you survivor gets your disability pension after you die in-spite of the fact you were not disabled???? HUH and WTF???

I personally KNOW people in counties that have done so!
    Suggest some of you wake up and smell the coffee!

Last edited:

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    TRS... the Teacher Retirement System.. that ALL school employees use (admin and teachers) guarantee 60% of the average of your highest 5 years.... so take your 5 highest grossing years.. average them... multiply that by .6 and that's what they get paid... no COLA no increases EVER... So wherever you got your figures on their retirement is wrong. However, most upper level admin gets paid entirely too much and do too little, you're correct about that.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    TRS... the Teacher Retirement System.. that ALL school employees use (admin and teachers) guarantee 60% of the average of your highest 5 years.... so take your 5 highest grossing years.. average them... multiply that by .6 and that's what they get paid... no COLA no increases EVER... So wherever you got your figures on their retirement is wrong. However, most upper level admin gets paid entirely too much and do too little, you're correct about that.

Has ANY post I have made specifically stated I was addressing the Teacher retirement system, in fact I was said was: "the PUBLIC SECTOR". This is Federal, State, County, City, nor in any post have I said "all" or "100% of".

You seem to struggle with reading comprehension and the ability quote what someone wrote and address that rather than you fabricated diatribes that have no basis in reality. Open the windows and let the smoke from that pipe out and the world maybe a clearer place for you to live in.

You might try following some of the links in post 33.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    There is no Data, only Shool!

ea7f984a24586d118951988eee6f8b10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Has ANY post I have made specifically stated I was addressing the Teacher retirement system, in fact I was said was: "the PUBLIC SECTOR". This is Federal, State, County, City, nor in any post have I said "all" or "100% of".

You seem to struggle with reading comprehension and the ability quote what someone wrote and address that rather than you fabricated diatribes that have no basis in reality. Open the windows and let the smoke from that pipe out and the world maybe a clearer place for you to live in.

You might try following some of the links in post 33.

You realize every person that works for a school district that is in either administration or teaching is on TRS.. that means the superintendents also are on TRS.. I don't smoke anything. I seem to struggle with a lot more than reading comprehension, like understanding why people on a GUN forum are jackasses to each other. Everyone's armed. You'd think our manners would be better.

Sorry I pissed in your cereal.

Top Bottom