• Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Those cops screwed up

you can hear some of the BS answers they give him on the tape

the supervisor said something like "we don't care about the law"... nice

They are not Judge Dredd

Consider this. The officers are dealing with an uncooperative armed person spouting case law. The "we don't' care about the law" may be referring to what he is saying at the time, and not that they don't care about the law, but they are not going to argue with an armed person.
    Venture Surplus ad

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Consider this. The officers are dealing with an uncooperative armed person spouting case law. The "we don't' care about the law" may be referring to what he is saying at the time, and not that they don't care about the law, but they are not going to argue with an armed person.

we don't know what happend when the incident started. only the cops and Grisham knows that.

but, he was asking them over and over why he was being detained and they just didn't seem to care to answer him.
    "rudely displaying a firearm" is a bull shit made up charge

I honestly don't think that Grisham was walking along the road, waving the AR around pointing it at people when the cop arrived.
    It was on a sling, the cop even admitted to that much I think

yeah, people aren't used to seeing a person walking along with a long arm in public and yes it might alarm some arseholes who just moved here from California looking for work, but that don't mean it results in a guy getting done this way

He was walking along, not breaking any law and he ended up going to jail. His fault? Cops fault? he wasn't breaking the law in the first place
    the whole thing just rubs me wrong I guess, maybe the cops there need better training on how to approach someone legally holding a firearm?

they shouldn't just approach someone, attempt to disarm them unless they see him doing something wrong

bwalker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    N/W Houston
    I have no idea what happened before the video started rolling. Seems odd that Grisham was setup to shoot video but didn't start shooting until after the initial encounter. Also, Grisham appears to be the only guy with adrenaline pumping. The officers seemed pretty calm to me. From what I've read about Grisham he doesn't sound like a very stable guy. If the officer just reached, without warning, to disarm him I think that was a bad move but we just don't know. At any rate, I think the video is more damaging to Grisham than the officers. It'd be nice if there was a dash cam running. Was there and we just haven't seen it yet?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have no idea what happened before the video started rolling. Seems odd that Grisham was setup to shoot video but didn't start shooting until after the initial encounter. Also, Grisham appears to be the only guy with adrenaline pumping. The officers seemed pretty calm to me. From what I've read about Grisham he doesn't sound like a very stable guy. If the officer just reached, without warning, to disarm him I think that was a bad move but we just don't know. At any rate, I think the video is more damaging to Grisham than the officers. It'd be nice if there was a dash cam running. Was there and we just haven't seen it yet?

good point on the dash cam

wouldn't TPD have that in every car now? If so, maybe someone could obtain it through FOI
    that would clear up alot.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

So police officers shouldn't care about case law?! I guess they'd better start because now this is one.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

This is where I've been from the very beginning. I have a hunch on how it went, based on the video we can see and a general assumption. But I'd like to see it.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    just crickets from both sides.

they must have all lawyered up

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    So police officers shouldn't care about case law?! I guess they'd better start because now this is one.

You don't' get my post.

This case has not established any case law. It is merely an arrest. To become case law there needs court action, appeals, ect. Then there may be some case law if something changes.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Top Bottom