• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    :banghead:What are they thinking? Leach is a beast! he took Tech to a bowl game each year he was there! he was Tech's winningest coah!! WTF
    Guns International

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    From what I've heard, he was not "locked" in a closet. He was sent to the media room to stay out of bright lights because of a concussion. That story is way overblown because of the high profile of the kid's father.

But if they fired Leach, that is Tech's lose. This from a school that hired and supports Bobby Night? Leach will be coaching at a major university is short order.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Yeah, this whole thing is awfully fishy.

Other players on the team publically saying that this kid is a Punk with no drive or work ethic... Dad is a PITA parent always at the games who feels his kid is entitled because of who HE is... 10 years at Texas Tech with not 1 single problem. Also, this was approved by the Trainer?.... why is the trainer not fired?

I think Leach is a little "Off" but i don't believe this to be true. For the school to fire him so fast with no investigation is odd. If i were the Boosters i would not be donating anymore. Now they are going to have to deal with a new coach and their growing pains and 3-5 years of "these aren't my players for my style of coaching" and losing all those seasons.

Unreal. I don't believe he did this.

JOe

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I was thinking when I was riding bulls and playing football when someone suffered a concussion you would not subject them to bright light or loud surroundings. But hey what do I know!

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    From talking to a buddy of mine that is in Law School at Tech, this was just the straw the broke the camels back. I guess some people in high places dont like some of his antics.

saltydog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    el paso
    this may not be an isolated incident. hear a rumor a few months back during the regular season that one of the players from el paso was not attending class. his punishment was to stand in the middle of the field with his books in the rain for hours. i can't confirm the truth to this. sometimes coaches have to punish players. in this case though it appears to be uncalled for. he was recovering from a concussion he didn't do something wrong.

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    I guess unfair and bias reporting has moved into my sports just like the everyday media. Does ESPN not realize how stupid and biased they look in this. Even as of right now other media including FoxSports and CBS have quoted players and other coaches on both sides of this story. Yet, ESPN continues to run with the one sided story that attemps to make the James' look unblemished. I'm an Aggie so I don't really care about Tech football, but come on MAN!!! Report the facts and both sides please. :banghead:

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I suppose if you had a raider playing ball you'd support being locked in an electrical closet for three hours?

Freakin witch hunt! They showed the supposed shed and electrical closet on TV just 10 minutes ago. BS move on the schools part to avoid paying a lot of money owed to Leach.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom