• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Getting rid of Leach just before high school athletes sign letters of intent cannot be good for Tech.

I guess I'm just out of step with the modern world, but when I was young, if the coach shot my mother, I'd lynch him AFTER the bowl game. Some of these kids think they're already NFL stars and need to be treated as such.

I couldn't help but notice that not all of the players were unhappy about the firing. I suspect Leach could be a real P.I.T.A.

Still, Tech looked a lot better than the poor Aggies, who seemed to get slapped around more than one of Charlie Sheen's girlfriends.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    With a son in the 2010 class of recruits, I have learned a BUNCH about the recruiting process. This cannot be good for recruiting. Even if Leach was a whack job, he was a known quantity. Now the school is an unknown quantity. It may be better, it may be worse w/o him. It is just an unknown right now.
    Recruiting is a strange animal. It is about relationships. Some schools have their stuff together and work to establish a relationship with the kids. Some schools seem schizophrenic in their approach. We have one school that went so far as to send Christmas cards, handwritten from each coach to him over the holidays. 2-3 cards each day for a week. They WANT him! Other schools talk interested but do not seem to know how to follow up.

Leach was reportedly very good at recruiting. I guess you have to be to get someone to WANT to go to Lubbock.

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Looks like Tommy Tuberville is applying for the job, he is a good coach and if he get the job, that would be a good thing for Tech.

TXCleaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    Red Raider Nation is going to love Tuberville. He's a complete a-hole, but a helluva coach and recruiter. * He's going to be a thorn in the side of OU and UT. Not going to be big enough to contend every year, but will be a consistently tough team.

* I'm a rabid LSU alum/fan with lots of both disdain and respect for Tubs.

Top Bottom