'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Nice bike!
    1615394779365.png

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I keep a pistol in my console, even when I'm carrying, and I have a cabled lock box under my back seat with the cable running through an AR's mag well. When I think the need, the pistol goes in the lock box.

Back before 1968, and especially in the country, most people were honest and thought stealing was just wrong... They also, anybody, could buy their own gun for fairly cheap, legally, and without record, so stealing wasn't worth the trouble for most, and if your gun WAS stolen, it wasn't that big of a deal. Now, for varied reasons, mostly liabilities, all of that has changed... unfortunately.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Sure did.
    I don't remember the specifics, but I was was on my Suzuki GS1000L heading to a club in Corpus, so I was probably going pretty fast, lol.
    I went from riding tricked out Yamaha R5c's to a '78 GS750, then a '81 GS850 and my traffic stops dropped to almost zero. Those little chambered 2-stroke pocket rockets not only looked like they were going faster than they were, but the sound drew cops like dead meat draws buzzards...

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Back before 1968, and especially in the country, most people were honest and thought stealing was just wrong... They also, anybody, could buy their own gun for fairly cheap, legally, and without record, so stealing wasn't worth the trouble for most,.....
    QFT

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I keep a pistol in my console, even when I'm carrying

Same with me, I keep it in a locked cabled box with an extra mag, hidden out of sight. Not a quick access gun, but an emergency one, just in case I don't have my CCW for some reason. I also have a small tool setup (screwdrivers, channel locks, dykes, crescent wrench, hammer, etc). Both are for emergencies. My wife also has one in her car because her work does not allow firearms in her building. Many of her other co-workers do the same.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    A hundred dollar pickup truck (back in my day) without a 94 Winchester was like tea without ice or a beer without an opener (also back in my day;)
    My little panhandle high school parking lot had lots of pickups with guns in the rack, we hunted on the backroads going home!

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    Besides the one on my hip and/or boot, I use an AR15 pistol as a truck gun.

I don't own an AR pistol. But I'm thinking about it. Of course, that would be my second truck gun. It won't take the place of the old 30-30 I use for varmint predators. Hmm...., where to put it?

Waldotallboy64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2020
    Lubbock
    A hundred dollar pickup truck (back in my day) without a 94 Winchester was like tea without ice or a beer without an opener (also back in my day;)
    My little panhandle high school parking lot had lots of pickups with guns in the rack, we hunted on the backroads going home!

Where in the panhandle?

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Here is my trunk. Why talk about your rifle when you can talk about your setup. My trunk is pretty packed though I still have about half of the cubic footage for storage.

Image 1 -- the two black mini bags are first aid kits part of my bug out bag which is on the floor next to the car. (more on that another time)

I have a condor MOPC with level 4 poly/ceramic plates. (It's light you can actually move in it) with 3 magazines of 556 and 3 canik TP9SF magazines

I also have an axe a full sized cheap one, but an axe.

1615472807286.png

Image 2 - An umbrella, paper towels, windshield wiper fluid, a casea of water, a hydraulic 2 ton jack, and spare half and half radiator fluid. I also have 2 camp chairs, if I get stuck somewhere I'm not going to stand.

1615472926477.png

Image 3 -- toiler paper, tissues, and yes MAXIPADs. also shown is my cold steel tanto as part of my MOPC kit. The toilet paper, maxipad, tissues setup is prepandemic. I actually need to throw a second roll in there.

1615473085092.png

Image 4 - Shooting sticks in case I actually need to hit something long distance, an ATLAS in case GPS goes out. You see the wet wipes as part of my toilet paper stash.

1615473150387.png

Image 5 - A FIRE EXTINGUISHER, literally every vehicle should have this and a FAK MINIMUM. I have seen more fires on the side of the road than anything else.

1615473201825.png

Image 6 - The rifle, a PSA that I put together myself back before the COVID pandemic that cost me total with the verticle grip about 340 dollars. two more magazines for a total of 5. This is the gun I am looking at replacing with what I listed in my pricing out a new custom build. Not that the PSA isn't good enough, I'm just being picky now and it's 3 pounds heavier than my other rifle.

1615473258398.png

All of this is in a 2016 Toyota Corolla the same car you have seen me pull up in at the reunions every year. This thing is a beast, driven on ice, snow, mud, I just got done driving it to Alabama and back this weekend.

NOT SHOWN- the 4 way and the donut under the floor of this trunk.

I'd prefer a 4 x 4 Tacoma and that's probably the next family purchase but it's just not in the cards right now.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Here is my trunk. Why talk about your rifle when you can talk about your setup. My trunk is pretty packed though I still have about half of the cubic footage for storage.

Image 1 -- the two black mini bags are first aid kits part of my bug out bag which is on the floor next to the car. (more on that another time)

I have a condor MOPC with level 4 poly/ceramic plates. (It's light you can actually move in it) with 3 magazines of 556 and 3 canik TP9SF magazines

Image 2 - An umbrella, paper towels, windshield wiper fluid, a casea of water, a hydraulic 2 ton jack, and spare half and half radiator fluid. I also have 2 camp chairs, if I get stuck somewhere I'm not going to stand.

Image 3 -- toiler paper, tissues, and yes MAXIPADs. also shown is my cold steel tanto as part of my MOPC kit. The toilet paper, maxipad, tissues setup is prepandemic. I actually need to throw a second roll in there.

View attachment 247687

Image 4 - Shooting sticks in case I actually need to hit something long distance, an ATLAS in case GPS goes out. You see the wet wipes as part of my toilet paper stash.

I'd prefer a 4 x 4 Tacoma and that's probably the next family purchase but it's just not in the cards right now.

ImageI'd prefer a 4 x 4 Tacoma and that's probably the next family purchase but it's just not in the cards right now.

Pro tip - put that TP in a gallon zip lock. You’ll be glad you did some day.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom