• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I came on time. Felt kind of left out. Signed in got my wrist band. Introduced myself to a few people but felt left alone there. Spoke with the guy and his wife in the food trailer for a little while and the people in the office. After a hour or two I left and came back home. Maybe it was just me. Should be someone kind of assigned to bring in new people to the group. Maybe next time.
    I'm sorry your experience went that way. I can assure you, that's not typical. I'm making a list of ways to improve the next meet, and name tags dropped off at check in the day prior is now on my list.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Jeremy and photographer not noticing that Tyler is crossing his thumbs, with lacerations impending.
    Yea, it's amazing the things you catch in hindsight. One interesting thing I noticed is he seemed to do the same with both hands. Granted, he wasn't shooting for marksmanship this time, but he was hitting steel more often than not.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Jimmy had him squared away at the beginning! Shoulda drug him along.
    3c47f04604d85f4accc33c2a859bbb49.jpg

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Actually, we did have name tags available.
    I was thinking, maybe next time, we can see if we provide them to the range that TGT members can get one when they sign up. Probably work better than what we have been doing.
    Sorry if you did not feel welcome. Regardless of what I think of someones posts on the forum, I can't think of anyone that I have not enjoyed meeting yet. And sometimes, we just get carried away trying to do everything at once.
    Next time, please, let us know who you are.

from an idjit coffeeholic

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I was thinking, maybe next time, we can see if we provide them to the range that TGT members can get one when they sign up. Probably work better than what we have been doing.
    Sorry if you did not feel welcome. Regardless of what I think of someones posts on the forum, I can't think of anyone that I have not enjoyed meeting yet. And sometimes, we just get carried away trying to do everything at once.

Yea, that's what I mean. Since I have them, ill just drop them off the day prior to be put next to the TGT sign in sheet.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    My first meet too. ‘Bout what I expected; bunch of old farts sittin’ around chewing the cud. Half crippled, the other half blind (I’d be a member of both groups). Made myself known to a few folks.... the rest, I didn’t care about.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    My first meet too. ‘Bout what I expected; bunch of old farts sittin’ around chewing the cud. Half crippled, the other half blind (I’d be a member of both groups). Made myself known to a few folks.... the rest, I didn’t care about.
    No wonder I had to ask.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I came on time. Felt kind of left out. Signed in got my wrist band. Introduced myself to a few people but felt left alone there. Spoke with the guy and his wife in the food trailer for a little while and the people in the office. After a hour or two I left and came back home. Maybe it was just me. Should be someone kind of assigned to bring in new people to the group. Maybe next time.

I have pm'd you Lightflyer...

Yes.. from now on we should make nametags at the office to be filled out. That might help. This is awful and I feel partially responsible as i'm almost always the first person to show up.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Of course we sat around, who wants to be shown up by Jeremy's kid?

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I have pm'd you Lightflyer...

Yes.. from now on we should make nametags at the office to be filled out. That might help. This is awful and I feel partially responsible as i'm almost always the first person to show up.

Not a problem other than it seems I missed out on some good food. I will try and attend the April get together if I can. I attend the weekly local Friday lunches here in the Austin area. I will look for your hat next time as you described it. Thanks for reaching out!

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015

Understood. Not saying anyone alienated me, just didn't seem to get to meet anyone. I did talk to several people but they must have been busy and just didn't understand I was the "new guy".

Top Bottom