• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Depending on how my work situation plays out of course, I would like to go. TexasRedneck said he would let me ride on the back of his motorcycle alllll the way there.

2slow

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    beaumont
    What all goes on at the convention? I have never been, I would like to go and only live 45 mins from George r brown

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    We'll be there for the entire convention. Likely be doing some volunteer work there, too - anyone interested in volunteering, holler and I'll pass your info along - just PM me with your contact name/email/phone number and I'll get it to the right folks!

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I'd love to volunteer if it were summer, but I'll have to see when. I know finals week is during the beginning of May... Classes officially end May 10th, but hopefully we get to finish before then. That's why I made this thread now. For planning.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It's freakin' awesome - went to the one in Dallas back in the 90's - tens of thousands of fellow NRA members, LOTS of industry booths/info, neat "gimme's", etc. - WELL worth attending IMO!!!

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I'm sure the Nuge will be there, along with many other famous NRA members and stuff. Plus, NRA members get in free, IIRC.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    At this time it looks like my wife and daughter and I will be headed up early Saturday morning. Anyone have any suggestions for hotels, I'll check the website but any other suggestions would be great. Perhaps all the TGT members could meet up for a meal sometime over the weekend.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    We'll be there for the entire convention. Likely be doing some volunteer work there, too - anyone interested in volunteering, holler and I'll pass your info along - just PM me with your contact name/email/phone number and I'll get it to the right folks!

Send me what you can please sir.

I'd prolly be best at tending to the "conference candy", know wadda mean :cool:

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    Unless I am mistaken, George R Brown is city of Houston property, thus carry would be legal unless verbally told otherwise. Though anyone with more info than me, correct me if I am wrong.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Thanks TR. I will look into it.

Do you have a firm answering on carrying?

Not yet. I've asked the question, and waiting on an answer. Right now, there's a LOT of irons in the fire, so stuff like this is somewhat lower priority, I think. Something about trying to be sure we can still OWN guns seems to be getting all the attention!!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I understand. Someone had generally asked the group and I thought maybe you would have specifics.

TKS

Top Bottom