• ...and so much more!
  • Radarscratch

I void warranties.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Westminster
    The Convention Center is owned by the City of Houston. 30.06(e)... ;)

I am not a lawyer. ..

(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035.

Does this mean we are golden? Sounds like we will be able to carry.

Sent from my own insanity via Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    I am not a lawyer. ..

(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035.

It means that it is unlawful for the City to Post 30.06 notice to CHL holders. Doesnt mean they wont do it but it's gona be just like the gunshows in San Antonio if they do.

I'm interested in attending but I will not disarm at an NRA event, especially in the state of Texas. It would really seem backwards to carry everywhere else but have to disarm at an NRA Convention...

Radarscratch

I void warranties.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Westminster
    Reservations complete. Hotels are booking fast. I'm about 5 miles out at the Crowne Plaza.

Hoping public transportation is safe.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    Yeah, I booked last week and there were not many hotels left.

Book now if you want to be nearby.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I am not a lawyer. ..

That's the way I read it. Says 30.06 doesn't apply to city-owned property. Seems pretty plain English to me.

The other sections cited are council meetings, prisons, courts, amusement parks, racetracks, bars, etc.

"(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035."

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Obviously, headquarters has other issues on their plate right now. I HAVE asked, and so far, there is NO indication that there will be 30.06 posted.
    You old folks have such bad memories I thought I'd remind you we are waiting :p

Seriously, I see the 30.06(e) discussion but am just looking for confirmation if you have it. TKS

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Also, who is attending what in terms of events? I got tickets for the Stand and Fight thing with Glenn Beck.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Still debating on what to attend - also on volunteering - and a hotel or butt loads of travel too.

Anyone plan on going to the Foundation Banquet? Country Jam?

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Am I tripping? Didn't it say NRA members get in free? They sent me a flyer that said something like $10 admission. They didn't mention the NRA members free admission part...

Top Bottom