• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I'm also curious having never been in that area of Houston before. Is there an outdoor parking lot that people recommend? My camper-van will not fit in covered parking structures so I need an open area with large(r) spaces. Any help would be huge - we're planning on heading out to the GRB area around 4am just to try and beat the traffic...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yes - there are regular surface lots around GRB....not sure as to exactly where they're located in regards to the event entrance, but we've parked there for a gun show before.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Pilgrim especially, lots of street level 'vacant lot' parking 1st come 1st served of course. Normally $5-$20 depending on access to venue but may well be jacked higher this weekend. Depending on length of your rig they may charge extra or even double.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Pilgrim especially, lots of street level 'vacant lot' parking 1st come 1st served of course. Normally $5-$20 depending on access to venue but may well be jacked higher this weekend. Depending on length of your rig they may charge extra or even double.

Something for the "out of context" thread.....

needcheaperhobby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    San Antonio
    OK, dumb question. With all of the vendors set up at the convention - do they sell items or just show & tell kinda deal? Looking to buy an Eotech or Aimpoint and not sure if I should expect to see them for sale there or not. Thanks!

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    OK, dumb question. With all of the vendors set up at the convention - do they sell items or just show & tell kinda deal? Looking to buy an Eotech or Aimpoint and not sure if I should expect to see them for sale there or not. Thanks!

No, it's not a regular gun show. Don't bring your gun expecting to sell it, trade it, or buy a new gun. There will be vendors selling small stuff like from the NRA store, trinkets and shit. Think of this like a big commercial car show where Ford, Chevrolet, etc show up with the latest and greatest cars all polished up to show off. But not to sell off the floor. Most everything you carry out will be free swag. Aimpoint and EOTech will be there to show off their full line and tell you all about it, generally you will have to go some place else to buy it.

(Their maybe deals made late Sunday as vendors would rather sell some stuff than pack it back home, but don't expect a run of the mill gun. Might get to buy from a custom maker if lucky.)

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    What's the final verdict on being able to conceal carry to this event?

From the NRA website.
    Texas generally prohibits the open carrying of firearms. During the NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, conceal carry firearms are permitted in the George R. Brown Convention Center and the Hilton Americas-Houston Hotel. When carrying your firearm, remember to follow all federal, state and local laws.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...deals made late Sunday as vendors would rather sell some stuff than pack it back home, but don't expect a run of the mill gun. Might get to buy from a custom maker if lucky.
    I wouldn't expect any guns to be sold given the high likelihood that the firearm is currently in possession of an out-of-state entity.

However, late on Sunday folks should expect to be able to buy display items off the floor at deep discounts IF the cost of shipping those items is a substantial percentage of their value. In those cases, it makes more sense to sell than pack and ship. I've seen great buys on leather luggage and premium gun cases, things that cost a bunch to ship but aren't so expensive that the vendor feels they *must* get the item back to their home base.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Is there an outdoor parking lot that people recommend? My camper-van will not fit in covered parking structures so I need an open area with large(r) spaces. Any help would be huge - we're planning on heading out to the GRB area around 4am just to try and beat the traffic...
    If you're arriving at least a couple of hours before opening you should be able to find a surface lot without much trouble. If you do have trouble, though, how far are you willing to walk?

It's ~8 blocks from the nearest rail stop to the Convention Center.

RailToMeeting_zpscea535ed.jpg

You could park at any surface lot near the rail line then take the train to the Meeting. I don't recommend walking 8 long downtown blocks, especially at the end of the day when you'll likely be dog-tired, but it is an option.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Anyone going to the Stand and Fight Rally Saturday night that wants to meet up before it starts? Or at any other point on Saturday? Pm me your number if you want to meet up

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Top Bottom