• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    Watched some young girl who was texting and driving, plow into a guard rail today just north of San Antonio... hopefully she is ok.. hard lesson learned.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

I saw a bad wreck in front of my house a few years back. A texting high school girl killed herself and 3 other people when she blew through a stop sign.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I saw a bad wreck in front of my house a few years back. A texting high school girl killed herself and 3 other people when she blew through a stop sign.

What a shame... over something so dumb as a text.

Women drivers, no survivors...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Back to Chicago stories!

Lance K was the most hard luck guy I ever knew.....This is his story.............

Phil T and Lance K were two guys that I grew up with. In fact, Phil's sister, Suzie, was well acquainted with my zipper. The two guys decided to run away from home so they took a car owned by Phil's father and headed for Florida. Phil's dad was a hard ass who got angry and called the car in stolen. By the time the two were caught, they had crossed several state lines, there was no way to turn the legal action "OFF" so the two did two years in the lockup for the car theft. Two "hard luck Charley" points awarded.

Phil faded from view but I saw Lance all the time. He got ticked off at a guy we called "T" who had been openly joking about Lance being a sissy while incarcerated. I was there the night that fuss came to a head. Lance was over 6' tall and "T" was short, about 5'6". A bunch of us were standing in front of the pizza place where a lot of us worked. Lance came up to "T" and said "I hear you been talking about me." "T" replied "Yeah, what's it to ya?"

The fight started and "T's" hands looked like a windmill! He came at Lance and hit him so many times it looked like he was working a boxing speed bag. He beat Lance so badly that Lance took off running ............across a busy highway............across a full Walgreens/Jewel Grocery parking lot.............. and clear out of sight. Of course, "T" was right behind him running, swinging and cursing. That fight didn't do Lance's reputation a bit of good and he gets two more "hard luck Charley" points!

The "Lance" saga continues...............

I delivered pizza to a house where a scantly clad, red haired woman answered the door. She paid me, gave a tip and then asked me to come in to share the pizza. I declined and went back to the pizza place. Some days later, Lance delivered to the same address but he took her up on the invitation!

Not long after that booty call, Lance rolled through a stop sign at the local park (outside of Chicago) and a cop named "Ken" stopped him. Things got WAY out of hand, Lance was supposedly violent and he ended up doing 30 days in the town lockup over the traffic stop. The cop, "Ken" was the red haired woman's husband! Give Lance two additional hard luck points for that one.

But wait.....there's still more!

Lance started dating a girl named "Dee". The lass was blond and beautiful but was dumber than a sack full of rocks. I knew that girl and went steady for a while with her best friend. Dee was probably one of the stupidest people I've ever known but Gads, what a great looking girl!

Lance had a 1960 Pontiac, white with the big 389 engine. The car was beautiful! They were great cars but there was a defect in the left engine mount. If the engine mount separated and the throttle was floored, the engine would lift on that side and lock the throttle wide open. The only way to stop the runaway was to turn off the ignition switch. A recall fixed that by installing a safety hook in the mount to keep the parts from separating.

Lance was teaching Dee to drive on Courtland avenue, a beautiful, tree lined, divided, residential road. She must have floored the pedal because the throttle locked wide open and that Pontiac was roaring down Courtland with a student driver behind the wheel. Lance kept yelling "Hit the key!....Hit the key!"

Poor, dumb Dee thought he was yelling "Hit the tree!" so she piloted that runaway Pontiac head on into a giant Oak tree! It was before seat belts existed so Lance went through the windshield and his face looked like it was sewn together like a patchwork quilt. They both survived but the beautiful Pontiac was destroyed. Lance told me this story face-to-face and I'd award at least 10 "Hard luck Charley" points for this episode. I went away to school so I lost track of both Dee and Lance. They were perfect for each other!

Lance is absolutely the worst "hard luck Charley" I've ever known!

Flash

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    ^^^ yikes... haha... I feel bad for the guy and I don't even know him...

My dads 66cutlass had the same bad motor mount that caused the throttle to open up and stick... that made for so interesting times...

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Just got a call from a friend of mine here in kerrville. Everything that wasn't bolted down was stolen out of his jeep out front of his house in the middle of the night. What the hell is wrong with people...

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Robbery sucks!!!

Don't expect security in a ragtop vehicle

Exactly..I've told him that forever.. maybe he will listen to be and get a hard top and some full size doors now. He was half way asking for it... scum like easy targets.

While he is a very good friend of mine...he is on the liberal tilt and he always says he "understands" why people Rob others and he even thinks that gun control eliminates crime... now that it happened to him, hopefully it is a mild wake up call.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    Back to Chicago stories!

Lance is absolutely the worst "hard luck Charley" I've ever known!

Flash

This whole story was amazing to read. wish I could read more. Everything was pretty much perfect grammar and puncutation and easy to read. ALthough I think lance is you or your father, that will be between you and lance. I really enjoyed all of this. Thank you

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    We [rely (on Roger) to. make« up for_thoose@ of: us] that /don"t no; how two! puntualize or "spel".

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Spelling? HMMMM....let's learn spelling............

Here's the trick to spelling.............. As you type, if a red line appears beneath your text......THAT WORD IS SPELLED INCORRECTLY! It ain't skill or knowledge. Look for the red line!..............snicker. In fact, in the above lines, HMMMM has a red line under it but I did that for emphasis so I'll leave it. Oh look, there's another one! Big grin............

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Although I think lance is you or your father.

Strangely, although I stated that all of the stories were fictional. They weren't. Every bit of that stuff happened as written.

Lance and Dee were real people and "T" whipped Lance's ass just like I wrote it. I was there! The "hit the key/hit the tree" came right from Lance to me personally. Had you been acquainted with poor, dumb Dee, you'd know that was possible! If it had happened to me like that, I probably would have kept it to myself. The man's face looked like it was put together with zippers.

I wasn't at the shootout at Dukes Tavern that night but I knew all of the players and had been to Dukes many times. My best friend Don P was there that night. Slab (Larry) wore a cast on his leg for a long time. Maverick never lived down the fact that he ran over his brother during the gun fight....twice.

Don P did rob the egg vendor with the sledge hammer. I was there.

The fight with four men in the parking lot in Tulsa? True.....every word. I did that. Lucky wasn't just a snitch. He was a Federal Undercover Narc. Those guys actually found his ID's. I levitated him off the ground with kicks to the groin.....twice. I hope that "Lucky" learned how to fight. He picked the wrong guy to take a swing at.

The drunk woman who beat up those people and tried to slash me? The truth....as written. I was there. It happened in "Dawson", an un-incorporated section of North Tulsa.

The MJ harvest..........that too. Every word. It happened and I was there. We went over the bridge on 2 rows of planks and Don & I got away with 50 pounds of pot. We passed the cop car going the other way.

There are lots more stories! My life has been a real thrill and I've danced with the Grim Reaper all of my life! The statute of limitations ran out decades ago so I see no threat about being arrested for those things. Maybe someone could learn from the stories or they could make a difference in their life. If nothing else, they are fun to read and fun for me to remember.

Here's an important "PS" to Don P. I tracked him down and talked to him by phone a few years back. He married and had two kids who were born with serious birth defects. He reluctantly admitted that the drugs that he took back then probably screwed up his children. Don lives in Washington state, now.

Flash

Top Bottom