• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    We're moving to a new home, this box has WAY more processing and data power so the forum should see a boost in speed. We are doing a dynamic migration rather than just shutting down the forum, and this may affect some users negatively.

The new server is setup and we're migrating as we speak. We're using automated scripts to sync the boxes on the fly, and we'll be shifting the DNS server over as soon as I write this message.

What does this mean for me?

Because DNS propagation can take some time (up to 72 hours for most) you will be hitting the old server. You should be seeing the correct forum version due to the servers syncing with each other but it is possible that your post may disappear into space, thread not show up, threads get out of order, etc.

The vast majority of the server population should hit the new box quickly. Those of you that access via mobile sources and slower ISPs may take up to 3 - 5 days for the DNS to propagate. Usually once I route the DNS I can see a live site on my end in less than 5 minutes (part of the reason why I host DNS routing services on GoDaddy).

If for whatever reason you get any funky errors or issues, please PM me. My email may not work during this transition.

Forum uploads (pictures and the sort) are suspended until the DNS propagates to limit sync time. If you cannot attach images, this is why.
    Guns International

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I don't understand what most of that stuff is, but it sounds like a good thing. I guess I'll let you proceed as planned.

If the site has to go down for any reason though, I expect ample warning.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    There might be a bump or two but the site shouldn't go down for an extended period of time. I just switched the DNS routing, so we'll soon find out.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Diagnostic FYI:

I lost the site for an hour or so on my laptop. Kept going to GoDaddy. Figured it was a DNS issue, or that the internet is just plain shitty up here in New Jersey (like everything else).

Its back up and working on Tapatalk on my blackberry now.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Diagnostic FYI:

I lost the site for an hour or so on my laptop. Kept going to GoDaddy. Figured it was a DNS issue, or that the internet is just plain shitty up here in New Jersey (like everything else).

Its back up and working on Tapatalk on my blackberry now.

Yeah, I had to park the domain to engage the nameserver hosting change. So it made the site disappear for an hour for some.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Good call ... I need to re-enable the 301 redirect. We had turned it off earlier.

Edit: Try it again ... should be working now. When you go to www.texasguntalk.com it should automatically take you to the forum and not the splash page with the bolt gun.

Yep, working. What's the relation between Texas gun talk and Texas gun trader? Are they sponsors or did you make that site as well?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yep, working. What's the relation between Texas gun talk and Texas gun trader? Are they sponsors or did you make that site as well?

We started out roughly around the same time, so we helped each other. I've tried to contact David (the owner) and have had no luck.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    ^ Are you doing it remote or local? I think they've locked out the ability to post certain files (pics, vids, & ?) locally.

Top Bottom