• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    And why are surprised that vaping is no less addictive or dangerous?

People are maimed and dying and it's finally getting into the mainstream media.

Juul owned in part by Altria AKA Phillip Morris.

What a shocking revelation it all is?
    Yes, vaping carries the same addictive properties as smoking, but is much less harmful. We can't be sure just how much less harmful. But cigarette smoke contains 7000 chemicals, many of which are toxic.
    The MSM is demonizing vaping the same way they demonize gun ownership. A very, very small group of people are misusing vapes, just as a very, very small group of people are misusing firearms. The media gloms onto that and blows it out of proportion. It's for the children.

Where is the media and public uproar against cigarettes that kill thousands each year, yet are still perfectly legal? If vaping is banned, what do they expect the millions of folks who switched to vaping to quit smoking do? Go back to cigarettes? Just quit? Just quit. Easy for a non smoker to say. We've already tried that many times. The nicotine gums and patches that big Pharma hawks are ineffective. Chantix has too many side effects such as suicidal thoughts, nausea, sleep problems, vomiting, headaches, costs near $300 a month for 12-24 weeks and isn't 100% effective.

Kudos to those that never started smoking or managed to quit, but for the rest of us, vaping is a blessing.

TL;DR: Get off your high horse.

Last edited:

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    ....... Chantix has too many side effects such as...........
    Did Chantix, shut down both my kidneys. I was fortunate to recognize what was happening early and managed to get over it. Took about a week. No other (spooky) side effects.

My kid was stationed at 29 Palms Hospital when Chantix came out and was the hot new "thing". He read me the riot act when I told him I had taken it. He said they had a constant flow of people on it and saw just about every side effect from slight headaches to stone cold dead and everything in between including all the mental crap.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    New Years Eve sitting at a bar enjoying the party. At the stroke of midnight I threw half a pack in the trash can and partied on.

It wasn't my first rodeo but I never had any luck until I tied it to a specific date or event that would be easily remembered. 20 years, 9 months, and 12 days so far.

And yes that seductive bitch still stops by every so often with the line, "Just one won't hurt".

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Did Chantix, shut down both my kidneys. I was fortunate to recognize what was happening early and managed to get over it. Took about a week. No other (spooky) side effects.

My kid was stationed at 29 Palms Hospital when Chantix came out and was the hot new "thing". He read me the riot act when I told him I had taken it. He said they had a constant flow of people on it and saw just about every side effect from slight headaches to stone cold dead and everything in between including all the mental crap.

Did Chantix for a month. When it was time to pick up the second bottle my wife said she would prefer I didn’t.

For about 3 days after stopping chantix I was happy again for the first time in about a month and could actually enjoy things. After 3 days the urge to snake came back and I started again, but I was back to normal. Not a zombie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I will go along with that when you sign a piece of paper saying you will pay for all of your smoking/vaping related illnesses out of your pocket and not expect the government to pay for it.

I don't care how you mistreat your body as long as I don't have to pay for it.

What about alcohol? Overeating? Soft drinks with sugar? Speeding?

Why should you be exempt from paying for vaping/smoking but someone who vapes has to pay for (1) some fat slob eating his way to diabetes or (2) some drunk drinking his way to cirrhosis of the liver or (3) [insert your favorite irresponsible behavior here]???

Last edited:

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0376871619301401

Check the article above.
    6 months after the Chantix v placebo trial the rates of smoking cessation were the same.

The placebo is cheaper!
    The placebo arm of the study worked as well!
    Chantix is an expensive med with risks and does pretty much nothing.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What about alcohol? Overeating? Soft drinks with sugar? Speeding?

Why should you be exempt from paying for vaping/smoking but someone who vapes has to pay for (1) some fat slob eating his way to diabetes or (2) some drunk drinking his way to cirrhosis of the liver or (3) [insert your favorite irresponsible behavior here]???

You may be describing the future.
    Our society has, thus far, chosen not to function in that manner.

Top Bottom