• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I was bitten by the "black rifle" badly and over the years owned, a boat load of them. I bought a lot of that steel cased .223 ammo and found that some of the rifles ate that ammo all day long without a problem. Other rifles, barfed on it and refused to operate. There are many possibilities for the cause of these issues, but I never could PROVE why that was happening.

As to the 7.62x39 AR issues, whenever I saw an AR malfunction, the first step was to change the magazine. Before you trash the upper or re-barrel it, I'd suggest that you buy a few magazines from different manufacturers and try them, first. Being a 7.62x39, your choices are limited but that's where I'd start.

Good luck!

Flash
    Hurley's Gold

DefendeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Thanks Roger.
    I will continue to educate myself on the issue and will consider my options.
    Not ready to abandon the project yet,I'm in no rush.
    I'll figure it out.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I was tempted many times, over the years, to make an AR-15 in 7.62x39. The magazines were always the weak point of the build and were always the reason that I didn't push ahead with the project.

Flash

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    that is a good point about the mags tho.......Had a buddy with a Rommy-G AK that he just bought......oddly it had feeding issues. Gave him a few different mags (Yugo, Bakelite, East German, Romanian & Tapco---> he had a Chinese & a Pro mag <--POS)
    The rifle feed flawlessly with out a hitch using all the other mags.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    I've only seen two types of AR's chambered in 7.62x39. Those being carried around at gun shows with sellers swearing they run great and are desperate to sell and those that are constantly being tinkered with at the range because they have constant feeding issues. Coincidence ????? I think not.

DefendeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I've only seen two types of AR's chambered in 7.62x39. Those being carried around at gun shows with sellers swearing they run great and are desperate to sell and those that are constantly being tinkered with at the range because they have constant feeding issues. Coincidence ????? I think not.

You have not seen enough then.
    Like I said,I have seen that configuration run fine.
    Often the problem is simple,and like many things,gets sorted out.
    I'll figure it out.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    You have not seen enough then.
    Like I said,I have seen that configuration run fine.
    Often the problem is simple,and like many things,gets sorted out.
    I'll figure it out.

Been tinkering with AR's for over 30 years, lost count of how many I've bought, sold, and built. Currently have over a dozen different configurations in my collection. So Yes I have seen enough.

randomthought

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2014
    I built an ar in x39 for my father to hunt with b/c it us a hunting rig only we only used 5 or 10 round mags and they have performed 100%, the only problem we ran in to is it will short stroke on herters, wolf, and tula but is reliable with silver bear and any of the hotter 7.62 ammo. When it starts to have FTE problems we know it is time give it a good cleaning.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    ARP has plans to offer Super Bolts for X39 ARs later this year. Get one if you can. Problem solved with broken bolts. Mags will still be an issue.

Top Bottom