Gun Zone Deals

The ATF Demonstrates How Not to Handle a Firearm on Twitter (aka X)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Comments are awesome.

I would not have noticed the “ghost gun” had I not read them.

surevaliance

Make Glockarev happen!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    AZ

Chris Bort—the acting chief of the ATF’s Firearms Ammunition Technology Division—struggled at disassembling a Glock style handgun during a made-for-tv scaremongering interview with Steven Dettelbach, the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms on CBS News.

Here’s a few simple steps that an experienced agent have to know:

1. Eject the magazine
    2. Pull back the slide
    3.Check that the chamber and magazine well are empty by looking down through the ejection port on the top (where the shell casings fly out)
    4.Aim it in a safe direction and pull the trigger while you have your thumb in the magazine well
    5. Pull back the slide around 1 cm / 4/10ths of an inch
    6. Pull down the two latches above and slightly in front of the trigger
    7. Pull the slide forward
    8. Compress and remove the spring
    9. Slide out the barrel

But then again maybe his experience is more in alcohol and tobacco instead.

Last edited:

surevaliance

Make Glockarev happen!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    AZ
    1709720694097.jpeg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Oops. You would have thought he might have tried that a few times so as to not look like a dufus on TV.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas

Chris Bort—the acting chief of the ATF’s Firearms Ammunition Technology Division—struggled at disassembling a Glock style handgun during a made-for-tv scaremongering interview with Steven Dettelbach, the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms on CBS News.

Here’s a few simple steps that an experienced agent have to know:

1. Eject the magazine
    2. Pull back the slide
    3.Check that the chamber and magazine well are empty by looking down through the ejection port on the top (where the shell casings fly out)
    4.Aim it in a safe direction and pull the trigger while you have your thumb in the magazine well
    5. Pull back the slide around 1 cm / 4/10ths of an inch
    6. Pull down the two latches above and slightly in front of the trigger
    7. Pull the slide forward
    8. Compress and remove the spring
    9. Slide out the barrel

But then again maybe his experience is more in alcohol and tobacco instead.

Thanks to surevaliance topic contribution above I found the above clip on YouTube and additional comments from another YouTube channel. The entire discussion is full of errors and misleading information to affect and impress the low information voter/non-gun owner. I think the 'experienced agent' doesn't exist at ATF. Just the political correct ones.

No time to watch the video commentary here is a critique of the bumbling lying ATF characters from Truth about Guns blog.

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Director Steven Dettelbach and one of the Bureau’s leading firearms “experts” and acting head of the Firearms Ammunition Technology Division (FATD), Chris Bort, appeared on the CBS show, Face the Nation. What was supposed to highlight “deadly weapons” taken off American streets put a spotlight on the lack of knowledge on firearms from the ATF’s top brass.

Last edited:

surevaliance

Make Glockarev happen!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    AZ
    Thanks to surevaliance topic contribution above I found the above clip on YouTube and additional comments from another YouTube channel. The entire discussion is full of errors and misleading information to affect and impress the low information voter/non-gun owner. I think the 'experienced agent' doesn't exist at ATF. Just the political correct ones.

No time to watch the video commentary here is a critique of the bumbling lying ATF characters from Truth about Guns blog.

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Director Steven Dettelbach and one of the Bureau’s leading firearms “experts” and acting head of the Firearms Ammunition Technology Division (FATD), Chris Bort, appeared on the CBS show, Face the Nation. What was supposed to highlight “deadly weapons” taken off American streets put a spotlight on the lack of knowledge on firearms from the ATF’s top brass.

Thank you, Doug! I corrected description and title.

Meanwhile, one not so “highly trained” and not so “professional” man shows how to do it one-handed!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom