• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    It's not what you think it will be when you're younger (less than 40). I've been pretty much blessed with good health, have a great family, good friends, happily retired with the cars and the house paid off, etc., etc. But in the last five to ten years, the thing that's been getting worse and worse, is many of my longtime friends and some relatives have passed away! Many of them a good bit younger than I am! At one point I kept a list but finally gave up on that! Parents and grandparents are all gone, cousins gone, etc. but now I'm the oldest one around. Sometimes it gets a little tough. Anyone in the same boat?
    It's a fact of life, almost always a certainty, the longer you live the fewer family members & longtime friends you have. My mother used to say it all the time once she hit her 60s or so. But look at the bright side, live longer and that also means there will be fewer arsehats in your life than there were before.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    It's not what you think it will be when you're younger (less than 40). I've been pretty much blessed with good health, have a great family, good friends, happily retired with the cars and the house paid off, etc., etc. But in the last five to ten years, the thing that's been getting worse and worse, is many of my longtime friends and some relatives have passed away! Many of them a good bit younger than I am! At one point I kept a list but finally gave up on that! Parents and grandparents are all gone, cousins gone, etc. but now I'm the oldest one around. Sometimes it gets a little tough. Anyone in the same boat?
    Yep getting there although mom is 91 in a nursing home that I just found out has 30 cases of covid-19. A lot of my old friends are gone but I'm in pretty good shape. Ride a fat tire bicycle everyday at least 5 miles.

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Hell, the older I get , the older "OLD" gets. I'm 70 now, and I went to get a Covid vaccination the other day, and I told my wife, look how old all the people in here are! She laughed at me! But truthfully, the only time I feel like I'm getting old is when I have to get down on the floor to work on something and then I try to get back up!

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Hell, the older I get , the older "OLD" gets. I'm 70 now, and I went to get a Covid vaccination the other day, and I told my wife, look how old all the people in here are! She laughed at me! But truthfully, the only time I feel like I'm getting old is when I have to get down on the floor to work on something and then I try to get back up!
    No chit! I've felt like I just might as well sleep on the floor some nights!

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    Is this what we have to look forward to?

Will Trump pull the trigger?

The only question now is: Will Trump pull the trigger and unleash the military arrests? Note that Trump does not have the loyalty of the US Army, nor of many top generals. He doesn't need that. Trump has Chris Miller at the DoD, and he has the loyalty of Special Operations Forces (SOF) command, along with Space Force, the Air Force and most of the US Marines. That's all he needs. Trump must now activate a military option to defend the republic, either via the Insurrection Act or other military authority. He has put everything in place for this very moment. Importantly, Trump patiently attempted to defend the Republic through the courts and through Congress, watching as each option was exhausted due to extreme corruption, criminality and fraud throughout the system. (Even SCOTUS was compromised in the same way Pence has been compromised: Blackmail, extortion and pedophilia.) Trump had decided early on that he would not act until every civil option was exhausted. As of 3 a.m. this morning, that waypoint has now been reached. There are two options remaining for defending America now:
    1. Trump invokes the military authority option and initiates the mass arrests.
    2. Armed patriots rise up to defend the nation and declare independence from tyranny.
    As I have stated in my Situation Update podcasts, we urge Trump to choose option #1 so that option #2 doesn't get spontaneously activated across the country, likely plunging the nation into hot civil war. The window of opportunity for Trump to invoke his military authority option is very narrow: Perhaps as small as 72 hours from now. If we do not see action from Trump in the next 72 hours, only then could we conclude he has likely thrown in the towel. Until then, we must watch carefully and try to discern what's actually taking place behind the scenes to defend this nation. Trump has not conceded. America is not yet lost, although it is admittedly very, very close to that tipping point. But sometimes in history, the most dramatic outcomes of truth and light can only come after the most dire suffering through darkness. Today is America's darkest day, but it may yet be followed by victory.The GOP is finished
    One final thought for this article: The GOP is finished. 80+ million Trump supporters will no longer support any GOP candidate from this day forward. We learned last night that the GOP will betray America when it counts, and from this day forward, we denounce the GOP and urge all readers and supporters to join us in that denouncement. Never send donations to the GOP again. Never vote for a GOP candidate ever again, unless their name is "Trump." Never believe anything a GOP weasel promises in any election speech or campaign ad. There are a few exceptions to the GOP treason, such as heroes Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan, Josh Hawley and a few others, but last night showed us that when it really counts for our country, the GOP will betray us all when it is politically convenient for them to do so. The GOP as a party is just as dead now as the DNC. The only question remaining is whether the United States of America is dead as well, and we won't know the answer for sure until we see what Trump does over the next several days
    BY HEALTHRANGER // 2021-01-07

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Is that Qanon nonsense?

They are still claiming H.F.K. jr. is alive, and so is Epstein.

And Elvis is actually Bubba Ho-Tep! :banana:

bubba.jpeg

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I'm 70 now, and I went to get a Covid vaccination the other day, and I told my wife, look how old all the people in here are! She laughed at me!

Years back when I was 46 and sitting in a Cardiologist office I realized how old everyone was in the waiting room. Everyone knew everyone else and apparently they all had frequent appointments on the same schedule. I was the new guy and everyone was concerned I was there.

Top Bottom