• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    The airline industry is already taking a blow from people like me choosing to drive instead of fly. We should pass the bill and force the feds to back up what they threaten. I can't see the public saying "We demand that people get groped so airlines can operate." The feds would get a big black eye over this.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    If more states pass this kind of legislation and the DOJ cancels flights in and out of states, WE will not have to do a thing. The airlines that are already losing money because of the economy and the TSA patdown/assault bullshit will step in and MAKE the DOJ change their policy.
    PASS THAT BITCH AND PASS IT ON TO OTHER STATES!!!

Jemplayer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    The bill has already been taken down.

I would have loved to see the DOJ try and stop flights into TX, the airlines would have balked and we would have won simple as that.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    So much for the 4th and 10th amendments ... civil war 2.0 ... needs to happen.
    It's beginning to look like nothing short of that would help the folks up there see that we value liberty... I gotta say though, that I doubt it would be even half as successful as our forefathers efforts, which is why it would be far better for this to be done in the halls of Austin, than in the streets.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    It appears now that Gov. Perry's office is taking a public opinion poll on whether or not to push ahead. If you are a Texas resident and support this bill, call (512) 463-2000 NOW and tell them you are FOR HB 1937.

R

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Well this has attracted a lot of attention.

The culprit in this may be out own Lt. Governor-Dewhurst.
    Patrick’s ‘intrusive touching’ bill junked | Texas Politics | a Chron.com blog

Now if Perry wants a fight to put his campaign for the big house on a national stage this might be it.

Lots of stories about this.

TSA Threatens To Cancel All Flights Out Of Texas If ‘Groping Bill’ Passed - Kashmir Hill - The Not-So Private Parts - Forbes
    Texas bill to criminalize "enhanced pat-downs" hits setback - Yahoo! Finance
    Fed Threat Shuts Down TSA "Groping" Bill in Texas — 82nd Legislative Session | The Texas Tribune
    TSA: Texas bill banning pat-downs is unconstitutional - The Hill's Transportation Report
    TSA threatens to cancel flights if Texas ?groping bill? passes - New York Manhattan Conservative | Examiner.com
    The TSA Blog: Texas House of Representatives Seeking to Ban Current TSA Pat-Down

Any of you really think that the Feds would put such a hurt on the economy during a major recession and hurt business and trade to the extent what they are threatening?? Bunch of hot air. The job and economic impact would be tremendous.

As far as opting out of TSA protection at the airport, I can't remember where, but it was already tried, the the feds shot that down also.

We need the airlines to take care of their own security, let the people that fly pay for it, not the rest of us. That works for the Israeli's.

Top Bottom