Patriot Mobile

The Government is "Shut Down" and My Life Is...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    Sandoval, I stand corrected. The DOD funding was approved. I just read this:

"To date and prior to the start of FY 2019, five appropriations bills were signed into law. The first three of the 12 regular appropriations bills were considered as a “minibus” package, H.R. 5895, which included Energy and Water, Legislative Branch, and Military Construction-Veterans Affairs FY 2019 appropriations. In September, Congress enacted H.R. 6157, legislation which included the Labor-HHS and Defense appropriations bills. H.R. 6157 also included a short-term CR to fund the remainder of the government through December 7, 2018. On that day, a subsequent CR was signed into law providing funding through December 21, 2018."

As I mentioned, Legislative Branch took care of themselves first.

Chris

billyb4u64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2017
    Thats the problem they are self indulgent & hell with the voters .
    Sandoval, I stand corrected. The DOD funding was approved. I just read this:

"To date and prior to the start of FY 2019, five appropriations bills were signed into law. The first three of the 12 regular appropriations bills were considered as a “minibus” package, H.R. 5895, which included Energy and Water, Legislative Branch, and Military Construction-Veterans Affairs FY 2019 appropriations. In September, Congress enacted H.R. 6157, legislation which included the Labor-HHS and Defense appropriations bills. H.R. 6157 also included a short-term CR to fund the remainder of the government through December 7, 2018. On that day, a subsequent CR was signed into law providing funding through December 21, 2018."

As I mentioned, Legislative Branch took care of themselves first.

Chris

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Where did all these Liberals come from?

I was brought up to get up in the mornin' work hard, pay your own bills, help your neighbor, Love your country, stay with your woman and spank the kids as necessary. Not to mention, Saying "The Pledge" Every morning at school, respecting your elders, respecting authority and not talkin' back to your Ma and Pa.

What the F Happened??

Last edited:

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Oh nooos, the govt. Is shut down............just like every weekend and all holidays. I commented on a failed candidates FB page today - citizens really only have 2 choices about DC statists to include the GOP. 1. Physical revolt that leads to bloodshed and death 2. Mass protest where taxes are not sent in. Until then, things will continue to get worse, Trump or no Trump.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    DOD funds for contracts is highly audited, not bulk payment, bill by hr/contract. HR88 was supposed to have an amendment to extend tax bill and new IRA rules. Don't see that it passed.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I think so actually.

zincwarrior,

According to the 7 PM WOAI TV news here in San Antonio, all of the national parks are OPEN, though some have limited services. For example: Snow removal has been suspended in some areas.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Nobody, that I've talked to today in The Alamo City, seems affected or even CARES that the federal government has had a "shutdown", despite all the howling, ranting, screaming & wailing of the national media..

Several friends in the local coffee shop this evening opined that they hoped that the federal government will stay closed.

yours, satx

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Very little will change as long as the standard of living is in the tolerable range. People don't care because "...it doesn't seem to affect me..." When the basics become difficult to get the voters will see the light. But, by then it will be too late. They can't hurt me, but, they will make it tough for my grandchildren.

Top Bottom