• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I wouldn’t touch a Les Baer, those frames have a proprietary grip. I’d buy a Guncrafter or other smaller shops before I’d buy a Baer. NH and WC are close competitors, my opinion is LB is overpriced for what you get.
    Yea I think I will stick with dw or possibly the sw if I can test one out

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Mta needs a kimber.

dumb-and-dumber.jpg

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I wouldn’t touch a Les Baer, those frames have a proprietary grip. I’d buy a Guncrafter or other smaller shops before I’d buy a Baer. NH and WC are close competitors, my opinion is LB is overpriced for what you get.
    And their customer service is reportedly very spotty.

Watch out for used LB, they went through a period of time when they had a serious galling issue.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Were the colts series 70's or 80's?

I wouldn't mess with les baer
    Hmm not sure but the model names were government .45, custom competition 9mm and defender .45. Everythign else on them felt good, but no front strap checkering and triggers were not great

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Hmm not sure but the model names were government .45, custom competition 9mm and defender .45. Everythign else on them felt good, but no front strap checkering and triggers were not great
    I'm not up on colts enough to know if those are 70's or 80's, but the triggers on the 80's aren't all that great, and it may explain what you felt.

A smooth fron strap can be worked around, skateboard tape or the wrap around pachmayers work pretty well

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    love the slide design. Never thought id like it but everytime I see a sw 1911 I feel like I need it! How heavy is the spring compared to a basic ole gi 1911?
    Well let me tell ya. I have a hard time racking unless the hammer is cocked. Disassemble is impossible for me without the provided tool. Now on all other 1911's I can rack slide with hammer down and disassemble with no extra tools. When the last round is fired the slide release will not let go unless you pull the slide back a bit. Now it was like this out of the box, after 500 rounds or so that should change. All reviews list this as a common issue on the new ones.

• Wow
    Reactions: MTA
    Top Bottom