• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • denit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    USA
    Ever see a man who'd been shot with a 223 softpoint? Such hits blow pieces of you out on the ground. The round has plenty of power for use vs men, if it's got the right bullet in it. It's low cost, concealable when taken down, there's a night sight for it, drop in trigger jobs for it, it's still handy with a suppressor on the shorter barrels, you can get chromed bores and chambers, it's corrosition resistant. It's usable with just one arm, it's available in the mail with nobody knowing you have it, via the 80% finished lowers. The last is reason enough to favor it, in a LOT of states. it's got plenty of range and accuracy. It'll take deer every bit as well as the 30-30 ever did. It'll brain much bigger animals to 100m, too.
    Target Sports

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Ever see a man who'd been shot with a 223 softpoint? Such hits blow pieces of you out on the ground. The round has plenty of power for use vs men, if it's got the right bullet in it. It's low cost, concealable when taken down, there's a night sight for it, drop in trigger jobs for it, it's still handy with a suppressor on the shorter barrels, you can get chromed bores and chambers, it's corrosition resistant. It's usable with just one arm, it's available in the mail with nobody knowing you have it, via the 80% finished lowers. The last is reason enough to favor it, in a LOT of states. it's got plenty of range and accuracy. It'll take deer every bit as well as the 30-30 ever did. It'll brain much bigger animals to 100m, too.
    Everything except the bolded part is spot on.

denit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    USA
    the 3030, wont reliably expand a softpoint beyond 150m, Put a 60 gr Partition in the 223 and it will stop deer just as reliably as the 30-30 (ie, not all that well beyond 100m) the 60 gr can attain 3000 fps in a 20" barrel, loaded in a 5.56 chamber. 1200 ft lbs and none of it gets wasted on overpenetration, which is the case with most 30-30 hits. the wound channels look so close to the same that you'd never know which was which. You cant shoot them in the ass and expect to reach the vitals, but only an a-hole would do such a thing anyway.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    the 3030, wont reliably expand a softpoint beyond 150m, Put a 60 gr Partition in the 223 and it will stop deer just as reliably as the 30-30 (ie, not all that well beyond 100m) the 60 gr can attain 3000 fps in a 20" barrel, loaded in a 5.56 chamber. 1200 ft lbs and none of it gets wasted on overpenetration, which is the case with most 30-30 hits. the wound channels look so close to the same that you'd never know which was which. You cant shoot them in the ass and expect to reach the vitals, but only an a-hole would do such a thing anyway.
    Almost everything you posted in this one is incorrect. Technology with the 30-30 has come a lonnnng way.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm 68 and have forgotten more about guns than anyone you know will ever learn.
    Edward IDont Believe You GIF - Edward IDontBelieveYou Anchorman GIFs

denit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    USA
    In my 63 years, every time I have heard someone say this they have been full of misinformation, old wives tales, rumors, or just general crap. They know a lot, almost all is untrue. Every. Time.
    you aint been around me much, that's all. I've been soaking up this stuff since I was 13,

denit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    USA
    Almost everything you posted in this one is incorrect. Technology with the 30-30 has come a lonnnng way.
    no, it hasn't, other than to have a bit better ability to buck air resistance, due to pointed bullets. They can't hot load it, cause of all the weak old lever actions out there.

Top Bottom