• ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Trey, look over there at that new gun!

Yep, Trey is off like a dog after a bone again!
    ooh-shiny.jpeg.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I'm just curious how many of those people that consolidated their calibers are scrambling like crazy right now.

I admit I scrambled a little bit to find 9mm, but that is because my demand for 9mm suddenly increased recently. I wasn't out by any means, but my reserves were a little lower than I felt comfortable with.
    I have consolidated in the past. But that was to get rid of a few calibers i was already scrambling to find. 303 British and 8x56R are my top 2....... That being said i really wish i hadnt sold those rifles.

There is an ebb and flow, i probably have twice the calibers now compared to when i decided to consolidate.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I've attempted to consolidate calibers multiple times and then I see something shiney and like a dog after a squirrel i just have to have it. Bang new caliber in safe. Its just not feasible to do with this addiction.
    Exactly.
    I even started buying 40s&w recently when people started jumoimg off of that bamdwagon.

Now im looking at 10mm.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Exactly.
    I even started buying 40s&w recently when people started jumoimg off of that bamdwagon.

Now im looking at 10mm.

10 mm is definitely a reloader's round. When I first got my 10 mm I had a hard time finding factory ammo for it that was any hotter than 40 S&W. Some manufacturer's 10 mm is actually a little weaker than their own 40 S&W. Cough, Cough, Remington, Fiocci, and Federal, Cough. Now that I have built up a supply of brass and projectiles, I'm not worried about the factory rounds, and i can run 180 grn XTP's at 1250 fps all day long if I want.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    10 mm is definitely a reloader's round. When I first got my 10 mm I had a hard time finding factory ammo for it that was any hotter than 40 S&W. Some manufacturer's 10 mm is actually a little weaker than their own 40 S&W. Cough, Cough, Remington, Fiocci, and Federal, Cough. Now that I have built up a supply of brass and projectiles, I'm not worried about the factory rounds, and i can run 180 grn XTP's at 1250 fps all day long if I want.
    Sig 10mm is worth the price of admission if you don't reload.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Sig 10mm is worth the price of admission if you don't reload.
    You had to mention the Sig 10mm. I've wanted one of the Sig 220 10mm in the kryptek camo for a loooonnnnggg time and just saw one. I want to go buy it, but I don't have a NEED for it. I guess if I sell my Kimber 10mm, that might help. What to do. Thanks :)

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I'm just curious how many of those people that consolidated their calibers are scrambling like crazy right now.

I admit I scrambled a little bit to find 9mm, but that is because my demand for 9mm suddenly increased recently. I wasn't out by any means, but my reserves were a little lower than I felt comfortable with.

My attempt at consolidating was refusing to reload 224 Valkyrie when I bought my upper. Although now I am thinking its maybe one I SHOULD be reloading.

But I am definitely NOT buying a 10mm. (I hope those are not famous last words. )

I get nervous when I get down to 600 rounds of 9mm. When I take my sons in law to the range, we generally shoot 3-400 rounds of whatever we are shooting. When i bought 2K rounds of 9mm last year, my daughter gave me crap about it. "That's 5 range trips sitting there."

ktaylor966

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2020
    DFW
    Why are American civilians (particularly) in love with this round when there are so many more styles and sizes out there! The round was invented decades ago for combat, to be accurate at mid and longer ranges. If only more people would have instead purchased rifles chambered in different sizes, there would not be such a shortage right now. I do not own a rifle chambered in 5.56, although I have experience firing 5.56. I'm worried for my fellow countrymen who cannot purchase ammo or have to pay much higher prices.
    It’s a NATO round so ammo will always be available, regardless of price increases based on current panic. It is a deadly round, especially when HP are used.

Top Bottom