• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Most of the guns I own are now military calibers due to easier and cheaper to find surplus ammo. Or at least it was before Covid. 9mm, .45acp, 5.56 Nato, 7.62 NATO, 7.62x39. Bunch of .22lr guns and a few .357/44mag/.45 Colt.
    DK Firearms

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yes, I've never bought into consolidating calibers for this reason. That and variety is fun.

I understand why some people consolidate and try to to just have a couple of various calibers, and for some that may be practical and might be a good option.

I too like variety. I like to reload and to experiment with handloads and mainly reload for gaining better accuracy. I really like trying our different cartridges to see what they can do. Some are just because they happen to be lots of fun to shoot.

impactbumper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 19, 2017
    San Antonio
    Piece of shit doesnt have a life; spends his time trolling forums, twitter; insults people ...

Probably lives on welfare or a low paying temp job. I am making this assumption because nobody with right mind or “things to do” such as a job would do that. Calling Ben a head boomer. F you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    If he had worded the title and his first post a little differently than he did, it would have pissed me off so bad. But the first post he made, pretty much was calling anyone that chose the 5.56 as being ill-informed, misguided, or just stupid for choosing the buy a rifle in 5.56. I took exception to that. I don't have to justify or explain to him or anyone in why I buy the guns that I do.Wanting something is perfectly acceptable under the provisions of the 2nd Amendment last I checked.

Now if he had just asked a much simpler question, such as why did people choose the 5.56 over other rounds, that would have been much different and less confrontational IMO. Personally, I originally chose an AR in 5.56 for the simple reason that I wanted another one, and I like shooting AR's, and they WERE cheap rounds to just have fun shooting. Now there is a much more practical reason the AR's I have in 5.56. They are a great varmint round at reasonable distances for coyotes around the farm and our cows. The AR gives me better follow up shots that other types of actions and the 5.56 works great on many two or four legged creatures.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I understand why some people consolidate and try to to just have a couple of various calibers, and for some that may be practical and might be a good option.

I'm just curious how many of those people that consolidated their calibers are scrambling like crazy right now.

I admit I scrambled a little bit to find 9mm, but that is because my demand for 9mm suddenly increased recently. I wasn't out by any means, but my reserves were a little lower than I felt comfortable with.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I'm just curious how many of those people that consolidated their calibers are scrambling like crazy right now.

I admit I scrambled a little bit to find 9mm, but that is because my demand for 9mm suddenly increased recently. I wasn't out by any means, but my reserves were a little lower than I felt comfortable with.

Valid point indeed. Also why I don't care for consolidation for myself. I like having other options. I don't reload 9mm at this time, (I an looking to change that in the future though.) and my supply of 9mm ammo is limited, but I have other calibers that I can use instead, so it's really not that big an issue for me.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom