Patriot Mobile

The New Prius... and the Owners of Them.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    Efficient by what measure?

This question is at the heart of the topic at hand. What exactly is, in our opinion the most efficient way of executing a vehicle for it's purpose? Like I mentioned, the Prius uses a solar panel to lower the internal temperature of the car to approximately that of the outside of the car. This can be achieved by rolling the windows down a tiny amount to allow the car to reach a thermal equilibrium with the external temperature. So, does this necessitate a solar powered sun roof? No, in fact you don't even need power windows. Does this nullify the use of solar powered panels on vehicles? No. Does this sell cars because it gives the buyer the idea that it is innovative and efficient when really it's a bunch of bells and whistles designed to blow smoke up their dumb rich ass? Maybe..
    ARJ Defense ad

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    Environmentally, id imagine all of those batteries and the nickel or whatever they are made from is horribly damaging to the environment but the latest enviro craze is CO2 emissions so the rivers and ground water be damned.

This cannot be more understated. I'd wager a new gold piece that over half of them throw their non-car batteries away. I'm sure it's much more than that though. It's really sad just how difficult it is to find a place that will take old batteries too. There should be just as much of a public awareness of this issue as there is on CO_2 footprints. I can't stand the idea that CO_2 is bad and that throwing a battery away isn't. I bet those very same people that preach such nonsense serve their church on Styrofoam plates.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    meh - Traded in our Eddie Bauer Expedition for a Civic. Paid for itself by gas mileage savings. Doesn't need no stinking batteries. I want more direct injected diesels here though. I've driven several in Europe and they have plenty of power and fantastic fuel mileage.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Does this sell cars because it gives the buyer the idea that it is innovative and efficient when really it's a bunch of bells and whistles designed to blow smoke up their dumb rich ass?
    If someone with a lot of disposable income just wants to buy one for the heck of it, then good for them. What's really sad is that Priuses? Priusi? ...whatevers, aren't rich folks toys. The vast majority of them are bought on a loan by middle class wage slaves when they can't really afford it. They would be much happier affording the monthly payment on a Honda Fit or Fiat 500 ...or anything really.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Reminds me of

5270be6a410711e3a9a122000ae90d70_8.jpg

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    Many prius owners look down on all us thinking they are better because they "care about the environment ". Same thing for those who drive electric cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If I owned a forum I would set the filters to change "Prius" to "Hillary's vagina".

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    As much as I would like to, I can't really convince myself that the Prius was the cause of this.

More likely someone tried to drive their sports car beyond their skill level to show that Prius driver who has the biggest dick.

No. Just stupidity. This should be pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain:

amega5aj.jpg

Top Bottom