The New Prius... and the Owners of Them.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
Jul 20, 2012
Friendswood
And you'll get 200,000 miles out of the TDI. In 10-15 years, you won't have to buy a horribly expensive battery pack, either.
Ding ding ding

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
Perhaps, but there's got to be a reason so many people seem to share the same opinion of them.

Something tells me they do.
Thats kind of my point. We all just line up and cast barbs. City vs country. Trucks vs Priui. If its all in good fun thats one thing but there seems to be a deep seated disdain for the "other" on both sides. Its gross.

I dont think id like a city dwelling Prius university liberal hypocrite any more than Cletus the slack jawed pick up truck driving yocal. Although admittedly, Cletus would be more fun to hang out with and more likely to help a person out...dammits i hate when i make other peoples points!

VW has terrible reliability ratings from what ive read. Is that just their gasoline models?

Last edited:

Das Jared

TGT Addict
Jul 20, 2012
Friendswood
Thats kind of my point. We all just line up and cast barbs. City vs country. Trucks vs Priui. If its all in good fun thats one thing but there seems to be a deep seated disdain for the "other" on both sides. Its gross.

I dont think id like a city dwelling Prius university liberal hypocrite any more than cleatus the slack jawed pick up truck driving yocal. Although admittedly, Cleatus would be more fun to hang out with and more likely to help a person out...dammits i hate when i make other peoples points!

VW has terrible reliability ratings from what ive read. Is that just their gasoline models?
VW's only have problems when people don't properly maintain them. If they are properly maintained, they are awesome. The ONLY complaint I have about them, are their electrical gremlins they are so famous for. Mine has them and it drives me nuts.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
Jan 21, 2009
San Antonio
VW's only have problems when people don't properly maintain them. If they are properly maintained, they are awesome. The ONLY complaint I have about them, are their electrical gremlins they are so famous for. Mine has them and it drives me nuts.

I wouldn't try telling that to someone with an '05/'06 TDI. :p

dunnrite

TGT Supporter
Jun 3, 2012
Kingsland
Naw!, Prius's aren't that bad. My wife has a 2011 Prius V and her combined City/Highway mileage is 52mpg. The little thing is absolutely loaded with technology: rear view camera, crash avoidance auto-braking, lane divergence warning, USB ports, radar to keep various distances between you and the vehicle in front when on cruise control, HUD, regenerative braking, GPS, Bluetooth connectivity, hands free communications, headlight washers, heated seats, Three modes of driving; Power Mode uses gas engine and battery, Eco mode uses gas engine only, and EV mode which uses battery only (speed limited). We take her car instead of my Ram 1500 when we drive across Texas. The little thing will do 80+ all day without breaking a sweat, just doesn't get there as quickly as other vehicles.
We don't need cars that can drive themselves. We need people who can drive their cars.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads