• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    The Slide Fire is legal and it works well for controlled short burst firing. It will take some practice getting used to if you have never handled an automatic weapon before. While it is not truly a full auto, prior experience will assist you in control. There are ranges that will let you use a Slide Fire in controlled burst, and there is also a range where full auto NFA weapons are allowed.

I have the Slide Fire on a couple AR's as well as an AK, and they work well for me. I do not use them all the time, but do practice often enough using 3 round bursts.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    I am really thinking about buying a few.

Is there a range that I could actually use it at here in Austin?

Get'em while the gettins good.

That has been on my mind a lot, because I really want to move back to the Hill Country. I take for granted I can drive 15min out in the desert here and pretty much do any damn thing I want. Not so in central Texas. Unless you know someone with some land. Could be a good business opportunity, a NFA friendly private range that caters to people that want to shoot evil guns, waste a lot of ammo and shoot things that break and blow up when you hit them, instead of just the precision paper puncher crowd. I'd be willing to drive quite a ways out into the hills to use a range like that.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Save your cash. Can do the same thing with your trigger finger, if the range allows.

Not even close. My 9mm will do 900-1000 rpms. (faster than an MP5) You see a fountain of brass coming out the ejection port for about 2 seconds. Try that with your tigger finger.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    That's a big bastard. (if it's the full length one) Too bad they don't really work well prone or on a bi-pod. Well, actually it might work on a bi pod if it's one that allows some back and forth movement.

I'm wondering if you could slap one on this.
    Socom-Mid-tn.jpg

That would be a wild ride. Definitely need a beta drum.

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    I hate yall.. Now I have to buy one for my rpk. GEEEE THX

I'm thinking about hanging one on my AES-10B as well. Even in the prone position they work well. With the 75 round drums I have it would make a heck of a suppressive fire platform.

And before someone comes along and whines about Slide Fires any more... its my gun, my ammo, my money. If you don't like them or think they are worthwhile, don't buy one. :deadhorse:

Top Bottom