• baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    IMG_1329.jpeg

IMG_1330.jpeg

Shit is about to get real in my neighborhood. These new neighbors are putting in a modular home which is not allowed in my neighborhood, unless it’s dropped on a slab. Being on cinder blocks makes it a non permanent home. That will drop the value of houses by 30%.

The guy who lives directly across from it tried to stop it. He got a lawyer who started looking into what’s up. These people don’t give a shit about the laws, and have not pulled permits with the county or Brazos River Authority for septic. Which they still do not have.

Ernie who lives across from this place has dumped a bunch of money into his place. And vows to sue them. The new people said they will counter sue. Ernie says he has nothing but time & money. When Ernie went around with a petition the two chick around the corner would not sign it. One of them’s sister bought the lot behind me. I hope they didn’t sign the petition because they are planning the same thing.

The realtor that sold this lot house burnt to the ground about a month ago. At first I thought that sucks. My guess she sold this lot saying that they could do what they wanted. There is a lot katty corner my back yard that she has sold 3 times that cannot have a septic tank installed. While having breakfast out a few weeks ago the restaurant had a fundraiser for them. The neighbor I was with got pissed saying they really don’t need it. About the same time I was in my bank and some old broad in a high dollar Benz was hitting up the banker for a donation.
    Texas SOT

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Without a septic system the place is not habitable by law. And the law does not allow for the use of a portable toilet. There was a small cabin on the property that was prebuilt and dropped on cinder blocks, that should have never been too. That they were staying in.

The problem with fire is it’s way to close to my garage. It could easily jump from trees. The VFD is severely lacking fire fighters. Most of the folks out here are older. The younger guys got sick of the political bullshit and left.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    There ain’t a property in my neighborhood that wouldn’t make the yard nazis head explode. Just with boats in the yards would traumatize them to death.

When the burn ban is lifted there will be plenty a pile of yard waste burning. The lot past the vacant one behind me they have 2 lots. They are putting in a nice fence with barbed wire. A few people burn the trash in a barrel to save money. It’s not uncommon to hear rooster or see them yardbirds.

I could go on and on as to why a HOA would never work. When my neighborhood was first incorporated people had common sense and yard nazis were nit needed.

Funny thing about the people is they are know it alls. They had dirt brought in for a pad for their trailer. It wasn’t even put in to deal with leveling their lot. My neighbor Larry pointed that out to them and the guy blew him off. When I met them I mentioned the carport they put in was in the lowest pace on the property. I think they ran out of money. When we get some decent rain that trailer going to need to be re leveled.

They will be the social out cast of the neighborhood. Perhaps the lesbian chicks will be their friends.

As the crew finishes up on yanking the axles & closing in the roof & sides I can’t but notice the drain lines from what I believe to be the master bedroom, just hanging there not attached to a line to a septic system. I wouldn’t want to be them when it’s time to shit in a bucket with their fancy new house.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    As a non permanent home, will the utility company run power or water to it?
    The water had to be run under the street and that’s in to the meter.

NVEC put a pole in and then to their temporary pole. They have power to the little cabin.

A while back I was backing my lawnmower out of the garage when so guy apply me. He says he is going to be putting in the septic system. He ask me if I would be willing to fill the septic with my water. I’m not on a well, I pay for my water from the local water company. I tell this why in the phuc would I do that? With a lake across the street and pump rental not being to high, besides why don’t he have a water truck to do it?

When I mentioned that to a neighbor he said it’s all part of doing things without a permit. They have been hanging around that place for about a month. My thinking is their trailer came today to slip it in under the radar.

I might drive by Ernie’s and see what he has to say. I drove past earlier when I dropped off my water bill at the house of the people who own the water company.

I have some baby back ribs ready to come off the smoker about now.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    .....especially with it parked on top of your gasoline and black powder stash.
    I never really gave modular homes much thought. When they were setting it up on the non level pad site I noticed the exposed construction of what would be an attic. This one appeared to have about 3 feet between the roof & ceiling. It also liked like it was constructed of 1X2's. At least they seemed to be on 18 inch centers.

Just how poorly are these things constructed? Are they all pretty much the same? Not that long ago we had some micro burst & tornados run through this parts of Texas. Are these capable Wizard of Oz on out of here? and what about tie down straps? I was kind of watching what was going on, but was paying more attention to playing with the dog & smoker.

I'm telling y'all that place looks really Phuced up with one cider bloc under one end & what looks like 5 on the other end. My neighbor Larry even took a long ass level over & showed the guy just how stupid his pad was. And with the natural lay of that lot they are going to be needing some rubber boot to go from vehicles to inside. The only way that low spot is going to drain properly is with a culvert pipe under the road.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    As the crew finishes up on yanking the axles & closing in the roof & sides I can’t but notice the drain lines from what I believe to be the master bedroom, just hanging there not attached to a line to a septic system. I wouldn’t want to be them when it’s time to shit in a bucket with their fancy new house.

giphy.gif

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    When my Dad bought property and started to build a house (1963), he heard a rumor that a neighbor was going to set up a trailer court. He asked them about the rumor and they denied it. About a week after we moved in, the land across the street was bulldozed and trailers started moving in. A couple years later they added a bigger section on down the street. My mother and father were pissed about that for a long time. After about 40 years went by, someone from the state showed up and figured out that the septic system they installed couldn't handle one trailer, let alone 40. The whole thing was shut down and all the trailers moved out. I guess that none of the residents that hated the trailer court ever figured out that the biggest vulnerability was the sewage.

Being a young kid - second grade - I thought the trailer court was ok because sometimes there were other kids to play with. I had a good friend for several years, but then one day his father was crushed to death at work. We took him and his brothers in while his mother took care of arrangements for the body, and they moved out soon after. There were many other kids that showed up there, but they'd leave as quickly as they moved in. Sometimes more quickly, as they'd sneak out in the night to avoid paying rent or utilities. I had a paper route and people would tell me to come back tomorrow for my collections, and when I came back the trailer was gone. They would literally lie to a little kid about a $2.17 monthly newspaper subscription fee. That or they'd write me bad checks. I became jaded about the public when I was 10 years old.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Two words, HOA, I'm being factious.
    Not far from me is a neighborhood with the typical HOA for my area. Across the 6 lane FM road from them, construction started. Storage rental place and the like so they started complaining though there's nothing they can do. Next was the funny part, a trailer park went in and the trailers are two-story.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    View attachment 409249
    View attachment 409257
    Shit is about to get real in my neighborhood. These new neighbors are putting in a modular home which is not allowed in my neighborhood, unless it’s dropped on a slab. Being on cinder blocks makes it a non permanent home. That will drop the value of houses by 30%.

The guy who lives directly across from it tried to stop it. He got a lawyer who started looking into what’s up. These people don’t give a shit about the laws, and have not pulled permits with the county or Brazos River Authority for septic. Which they still do not have.

Ernie who lives across from this place has dumped a bunch of money into his place. And vows to sue them. The new people said they will counter sue. Ernie says he has nothing but time & money. When Ernie went around with a petition the two chick around the corner would not sign it. One of them’s sister bought the lot behind me. I hope they didn’t sign the petition because they are planning the same thing.

The realtor that sold this lot house burnt to the ground about a month ago. At first I thought that sucks. My guess she sold this lot saying that they could do what they wanted. There is a lot katty corner my back yard that she has sold 3 times that cannot have a septic tank installed. While having breakfast out a few weeks ago the restaurant had a fundraiser for them. The neighbor I was with got pissed saying they really don’t need it. About the same time I was in my bank and some old broad in a high dollar Benz was hitting up the banker for a donation.
    Kick his ass, Sea bass.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    This morning I took over some baby back ribs I smoked yesterday to my neighbor Larry. Then another neighbor came over, both of them are hot about the new neighbor.

The guy who initiated the petition & said he would sue was out of town until last night. Larry knows Ernie the best & said he imagines Ernie was livid when he came in last night.

I'm sure as the people who only have this as a weekend house will be pissed when they show back up. One lady whose property has be for sale for a while due to the asking price will also loose her shit know that Modular home has pretty much just dropped her asking price by 30%. She's loaded as this is her second lake house, with the other one on a bigger lake.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    There ain’t a property in my neighborhood that wouldn’t make the yard nazis head explode.
    So a trailer house would fit right in with the other residential junk piles, boats, and burn barrels? Whats the problem then?

j/k I'm just as much of a cranky old man as the rest of you. It enrages me when people turn around in my driveway, or my neighbor decides to park his 25 year old suburban in front of my window for 3 days while it drips oil in the street. Why does that jackass need 6 cars all old in poor condition and his garage is full of garbage? Why do some of my neighbors simply not mow their lawn for months at a time and refuse to water it in the summer? My only motivation now is to get enough land to not be able to see my neighbors and it'd be impossible for anyone to turn around in my driveway, park their cars where I can see them, or deal with nonsense like you've got going on.

I don't think a mobile home like that will drop house prices 30% just based on the houses being within walking distance to the lake and the old growth trees. Besides, even if they do drop 30% that just means lower property taxes. Couldn't hurt if you know of a realtor to look at land values and how little a prefab house would sell for full set up. Its likely to be the cheapest house in the neighborhood slowing house values, the question is by how much.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The fact that they did not pour a slab & leveled it on cider blocks makes it a non permanent structure. Non permeant structures are taxed at a lower value.

As far as lowering our taxes the county is claiming they are going to lower our School Tax which is stupidly high. Taxes are frozen once you hit 65 too. I have another year before mine are frozen.

What the county accesses your taxes at seldom has anything to do with actual sale value.

The 30% lower property figure came from the lawyer that the neighbor hired. AS far as I know neither power , water or septic have been hooked to the trailer. I guess they have a portable arrangement to handle their bodily functions. I can't see them running down to the marina to use the restroom.

They have a Chihuahua dog and since moving in I have noticed a large hawk patrolling the area. They actually asked about that when I first talked to them. I noticed the dog went from running around to being confined to a leash at all time.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Ernie stopped by again today collecting the names addresses TDL number of those who are still against it. The lawyer said the more names the better when the judge makes his ruling.

He sat & we talked a bit about the activity on that lot. Still no water has been hooked up, no permit for septic has been pulled from Brazos River Authority or the county. Electric has not been hooked up either. They are actively living there, without a toilet. That is a county violation & portable toilets are not approved in this county for peoples homes.

I mentioned the realtor & he said she did not reveal the deed restrictions. He also showed were another realtor with lots for sale goes as far as stating that there is indeed a deed restriction, but no one inforces it.

Saving the best for last one of the stacks of 6 cider blocks have since toppled over under their home. I'm wondering what a building inspector or county engineer would say about that?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom