• ...and so much more!
  • Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Could be a cheap price for the land they are on soon. It doesn't sound as if they properly researched the cost of meeting the requirements of the deed restriction and County requirements.
    Guns International

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    There's been no activity at the site across my road since Environmental Services, Fire Marshal, etc. came out. Wish you the best in your conflict, living country is not the same as living trashy.
    One of the big draw backs to whats happening in my neighborhood is that so many of the homes are weekend properties. Getting everyone to sign is going to be hard. Ernie has his work cut to for him.

Ernie said that the couple came over and asked why he was doing this too them. He told them its got everything to do with working his ass off to afford his place. He told them the life span of their modular home will effect his grad kids once he is gone. His lake house ids a legacy that he wants to pace on.

As I have said before he has dropped a bunch of money in his place. His place is on 2 lots so he will fell it twice as hard. One house has 3 lots. New construction is happing on 2 lots.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Yup that's what I mean by living country versus trashy.
    My grass isn't manicured, sometimes the fence lines get a little shaggy, there are brush piles around pretty often but I've put a huge amount of labor and money into this place. It's damn nice to me and I'm proud of it.
    I can't see my neighbors or couldn't until transient folks with no investment and no concern for anyone or anything take up residence in barely habitable hovels and who's antisocial behavior diminishes my enjoyment of what I worked my ass off to build.
    No fan of HOAs and every improvement I've made is done right even if there isn't enforcement.
    Ernie sounds like he's got his head screwed on straight, worked too hard not to protect what he's built.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I found out some stuff with our permanent RV down at lake Tawakoni. As long as the wheels were on it, whether road worthy or not, it was considered an RV and could park just about anywhere. Once the wheels came off it was considered permanent structure. We had old tires on but still got water, sewer and electricity run to it. So many rules everywhere there's no making sense.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Ernie sounds like he's got his head screwed on straight, worked too hard not to protect what he's built.
    Most all of the neighbor are retired. A few of them are younger & still working, some work from home.

No one moves into a home saying I think I want to loose my ass on this. One of the things about this place was it was pretty much stress free. Old folks don't want drama, especially someone else's bullshit.

Coming into a community & saying things like I don't care what you think, I'm going to do whatever I want & I don't care who I piss off is really arrogant.

When this goes to court I would think the judge is not going to be impressed with the new guys arrogance. I would also think the judge being an elected official would rather make more people happy then a couple who basically are giving everyone the finger, and are trying to skirt the law.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    ther's always some pos cheapskate that is going to try and cheap out and not do things the right way!
    His pad site he had built is so pouched up I think he ran out of money for more fill. I aint no expert on the subject but IMHO he could have used 3 more loads, which would be about $1K.

IIRC the guy who built the pad is going to do his septic system. I can already smell that being done cheaply & backing up. But they must be capping in a bucket seeing as they aint hooked up yet to water or sewer, and like the stank.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    His pad site he had built is so pouched up I think he ran out of money for more fill. I aint no expert on the subject but IMHO he could have used 3 more loads, which would be about $1K.

IIRC the guy who built the pad is going to do his septic system. I can already smell that being done cheaply & backing up. But they must be capping in a bucket seeing as they aint hooked up yet to water or sewer, and like the stank.
    Before that guy sues them he should call the county BRA and tell them a septic is going in without a permit. If your old neighbors are on well water they should be concerned about that

Top Bottom