They Finally Did It!

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by shinerjohn, Jul 24, 2008.

1. shinerjohn

shinerjohn New Member

I just checked the DPS website and they have FINALLY approved my CHL application! So now I just wait for the ID! Wow! And to think, they've only had my application since April 10!

I'm only about 3 hours from Austin. I hope it doesn't take too long to get here. I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon to spend a week in South Carolina. Sure hope I get it in time!

2. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Cograds,it took five months for mine to get approved.Welcome to the club.:D

3. LittleGun

LittleGun Active Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    Congratulations, Mr. CHL. I am so glad for you and so jealous. Pack on, my friend!

4. Cyfer

Cyfer Active Member

May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Agree... Congrats to you as I continue to wait for them to even begin processing... :-( But hey, they cashed my check at least already... :-P

5. shinerjohn

shinerjohn New Member

Thanks!

I appreciate it. Now if I can just get the ID in the mail...... LittleGun and Cyfer, I know exactly what you are going through. mac79912, I can't imagine having to wait another 2 months! I don't blame the staff working on it. But someone should have seen this coming or at least they could throw more money at it! Right now though, I'm just elated and relieved.

6. DoubleActionCHL

DoubleActionCHL Well-Known

Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Congrats! I just came back from South Carolina. I was surprised by some of the differences in Concealed Carry laws in SC.

7. sharky47

sharky47 Active Member

May 4, 2008
    Congrats on joining the "revocable privilege" club........mine didn't take very long at all to approve - but took FOREVER to get the address changed when I moved (one town over) a few months ago. From what I understand, the office that processes CHL's is totally swamped right now - and they are even being "forced" to break their own laws regarding turnaround time on applications......

8. BluHog

BluHog New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Ellis County
    Update?

I'm curious - my wife and I intend to take the class as soon as we can get the time. It's now early October. Anyone know how long the processing is running lately?

9. LittleGun

LittleGun Active Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I mailed my application on July 14. I got an acknowledgment letter on Aug. 8. I got my Hurricane Ike letter on Sept. 26. I'm still waiting. I try not to think about it.

10. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Government is involved. Just be glad it gets done at all!