ARJ Defense ad

Things that piss you off in general (not gun related).

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NightTrainHD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Richmond, Tx
    Fat people who block an entire isle with the stores electric shopping cart buggy thing while they have their 9 kids run around the store to get shit for them and start yelling across the store for a specific item then check out with food stamps or a lone star card.

I would like to know when being fat and stupid meant you were handicapped and if your fat enough not to be able to walk stop looking at the nutritional fact because you know you don't give a shit.

^^THIS! I have been asked to leave HEB twice for going off on people like this. One lady actually ran over my foot then told me, not asked, to get her something off the shelf. I saw her walk in the store just fine. I told her to get off her fat ass and get it herself. She had a basket full of junk food as well.
    ARJ Defense ad

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    When people order pizza's to odd places and don't answer their phones, even if in the comment box, they wrote to call this number upon arrival.

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    I realize that the economy is bad, but here's mine. I am self employed, this is my 12th year. Little to no advertising, our work is our advertisement. We get 75% of our work from referrals. Materials cost money, insurance costs, labor costs, fuel, you get the picture.
    Customer calls, "Hey, I'm in a real bind and need your help". O.K., we can do that for you, when do you need it done? "Immediately, we have an inspection on ___/___/ 20___,. If you can do this for us, it would help us out tremendously". My standard answer is that I need to review, price, send a proposal, have them agree, sign off, and we can start. I don't take more than 24-36 hrs to get the proposals out. Weather permitting, we get the job done within a week of receiving the signed proposal. Sometimes it's immediate. Just varies depending on client's needs. We finish, customer gets inspected and gets a certificate of occupancy.

We Invoice for the completed work and you'd think they are staring at a leper. They bitch and moan about how bad the economy is, business is slow, they are just getting started in this location, etc. etc. etc.. I ask for a check and get the run around for 30, 60, 90, 120 + days.
    Then start the, "Well, so & so had quoted me 35% less than you, but he was'nt available for this project. I'm willing to pay you what he quoted me".
    "I can pay you 1/4 of the invoice each month for the next __ months." "I can't pay you, I'm out of money". "I'm waiting on a loan" "I'm not happy with the work (after 5 months trying to collect) and I'm not paying". "Can you do this as an advertisement for your work? You can use me as a referral" "I ran over budget and I won't/can't be pay(ing) this invoice until business picks up."

Just once, I'd like for them to be on receiving end of thier horse's ass excuses. I'm no Trump or Rockefeller. I can't be your damn bank.

It burns the hell out of me. I can't fathom not paying one of my suppliers for materials with those types of bullshit excuses.
    Small business helps keep people employed. Just f-ing pay up sons of bitches. They act like they are the only one's with bills to pay.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Being stuck at a red light at sylvania ave and riverside(?i think) in Ft Worth at 2 am sat morning and some guy starts walking up to the window and you prepare to ignore them and be vigelant, then your dumbass foreman rolls down YOUR power window from his side and suddenly you ar 4 inches from some guy in a heavy coat conceiling god knows what crammed between the seat and dash cause theres another guy in the back seat making you pretty much defenseless. And after telling the guy no he can't have a smoke and I damn sure aint pullin out my wallet you have to pass the cig from the drivers seat.

Then when he finally leaves and you tell the dumbass driver next time to roll down their own window they so ''Oh, he's harmless''.

What freakin world do you live in????

What could he do, we're in a truck, we could just drive away.

Yeah right, before he could pull a trigger/get a good stab in. I CAN'T MOVE. JESUS CHRIST!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lets add to that a retarded ass company policy that prevents me from carrying a firearm in the company truck without risking my job so when I feel threatened my hand My hand goes inside my jacket where a gun should be but there's nothin there. Not sure if that policy is gonna be followed much longer, seriously WTF!!!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    @ GlockontheRocks: Forgive me if you've already covered these. You need at least partial payment due at or preferably before start of work. Minimum $$ should cover parts n labor if not 100% of expenses. Also, if not already in there, ad a mechanics lien and/or force majeure paragraph(s) to your proposals. If nothing else, since they will have agreed to them in writing, it will help you in court. I hate to say it but churches were always my worst paying clients.

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    Conversations that contain "like...like...like...like....like...like...like"

California dialect where every sentence tapers off in volume and raised inflection. Pisses me right the f*** off.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    The automatic soap dispensers, automatic faucets, and automatic paper towel dispensers in public bathrooms. They never work and you have to try 4 or 5 sink and soap dispensers before you find a combo that works.

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    @ GlockontheRocks: Forgive me if you've already covered these. You need at least partial payment due at or preferably before start of work. Minimum $$ should cover parts n labor if not 100% of expenses. Also, if not already in there, ad a mechanics lien and/or force majeure paragraph(s) to your proposals. If nothing else, since they will have agreed to them in writing, it will help you in court. I hate to say it but churches were always my worst paying clients.

Been down those roads plenty. I typically don't ask for money down unless it exceeds 4K. If it's a job under that, I'll do it all and expect a check upon finishing. Many customers do pay on time and there is a select few that call and ask us to do a job and don't ask for pricing, etc.. Usually we get a check from them immediately upon their recieving our invoice. It's the people that we do the small jobs for that feel if it's under 2K, you don't need to pay.
    I'm talking business owners, attorneys, doctors, etc. When I go to pick up a check, it's "We'll get to it soon" "It's such an insignificant amount, why are you bugging us about a check". That last answer, my retort is "If it's so insignificant, go ahead and cut me a check". Most get pissed off when you toss the ball back in their court. Jeez, we just want to get paid for a job that was completed to help you open your business in accordance with city requirements. Don't wince when you've agreed to the terms and conditions. I completed one job for a contractor that was upset because and I quote, "The amount that you are charging me and the amount of time on the job don't go hand and hand" I asked him why he would say that. He says, "The other guy I used to hire would take a couple of days to finish, you and your boys come in and went to town on this in a half a day". I asked him, Did the other guy charge about the same amount for the same job? "Yes". (I do know my competitor's pricing). Same job, less time, what's the issue?
    We are efficient. We don't waste our time doing nothing or cutting corners. We are in and out as fast as possible. Pricing is in accordance with the market, no need burning time when we can be somewhere else working more or freeing up time for other ventures.

This issue is one that for our first 9 years in business, we'd get 2 to 10 asshats a year that would try it. I would file liens if it was over 1k. Under, I ate a few. Others, I did no work for them unless I had a check in hand before starting. Just seems for the last 3 years from 2009 forward, my collections have come to having to call every damn week 2 to 4 times a week for checks. Just venting, this thread just seems the appropriate place to do so. Sorry for the long windedness.

Oh, about churches. They have been a staple in my client base since the inception of my business. They are actually the ones I get paid from quickly vs. most. I've only had problems with one Catholic church that the priest felt very strongly that we needed to donate the services as an "in kind" contribution to the church. It was an 8K + job. I did have a hard time collecting that one. He nickel and dimed us to death for about 45 days. We had to do about 1K in freebies to get paid. All other churches, including other Catholic ones have paid us within 2 weeks tops, most 3 to 4 working days.

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    What really pisses me off is driving down a long stretch of city street with traffic lights every half a block and trying to constantly adjust your speed/timing to avoid being stuck in the "red zone"(being caught at every light), and nothing you do works... Almost as if some prankster put an RFID transponder on my truck that changes the lights as I approach them. You dont dare run a yellow anymore because those damn cameras will flash ya.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    this weather in Houston... I have work I need to do outside to get my House ready to put on the market

yep. weve been getting rained out. so we decided to make up for it this weekend. showed up to the jobsite this mornin and the road was flooded, all coming from the runoff from the jobsite. surprised they dont have sandbags up, because usually you get fined for that stuff. tomorrow should be dry though, so hopefully we can get some steel up.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    generally being alive
    family that doesnt give a shit about you.
    Females and their mind games

the drunk people outside
    my job

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Spending my entire weekend at work because the knuckleheads in the office can't get their heads around "scheduling" and "work flow", so I spent all week jumping from car to car, looking at a bunch but not actually fixing ANYTHING.

Parts counters. WTF, does nobody that sells parts know what they're doing anymore? "I'll fax you a diagram." The ****, dude? We buy these same parts from you ALL THE TIME. You should have the goddamn part numbers for these things memorized, but no. Parts counters are now staffed by morons with room temperature IQs. And dealerships are the worst.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Spending my entire weekend at work because the knuckleheads in the office can't get their heads around "scheduling" and "work flow", so I spent all week jumping from car to car, looking at a bunch but not actually fixing ANYTHING.

Parts counters. WTF, does nobody that sells parts know what they're doing anymore? "I'll fax you a diagram." The ****, dude? We buy these same parts from you ALL THE TIME. You should have the goddamn part numbers for these things memorized, but no. Parts counters are now staffed by morons with room temperature IQs. And dealerships are the worst.

+1 good parts people are hard to find, our guy just put in his two weeks notice. Shitty cause he knows what he is doing, and more than likely his replacement will be an idiot.

Top Bottom